If you are trying to make the switch to healthy eating, you most likely need a juicer. While blenders might be able to crush your fruits to a pulp, a juicer can help you stay on track to a healthy lifestyle through their efficient juicing.
Many people prefer fresh juice to store-bought, processed juice because of its high nutrient content and natural taste.
Studies have claimed that drinking fresh juice can boost your immunity, cleanse your system and help you lose weight. In this article, discover the best masticating juicer to help you live a healthier, cleaner life.
What is a Masticating Juicer?
A masticating juicer, also known as a small juicer, uses an auger to crush vegetables and fruits as they pass through the chute. The juice and pulp are then separated by squeezing the produce slowly. The liquid passes through a mesh while the pulp is divided into another container.
Although masticating juicers process food slowly, they are great for processing soft and hard materials such as grapes or greens. The juice produced is usually thick and high quality because heat is not used; enzymes and antioxidants remain intact.
Related: Top 6 Blender Food Processor Combos – Save The Kitchen Storage Counter
Masticating Juicer VS Centrifugal Juicer
A masticating juicer uses a slow turning screw to push the produce against the screen, extracting it. On the other hand, a centrifugal juicer extracts juice by spinning high-speed (centrifugal force).
Masticating juicers are a healthier, better alternative to centrifugal juicers and are now more available to consumers and businesses.
A centrifugal juicer is also called a “fast juicer” and is one of the most common juicers available. It is favored in most houses because it is cheap to purchase and produces juice instantly.
Centrifugal juicers work by forcing fruits and vegetables against a fast-spinning blade where they are spun and cut on a sharp screen at 6,000 to 14,000 RPM inside a feeding tube.
For people who are just starting to transition to natural fruit juices and do not require large batches of juice, centrifugal juicers are an okay option. It is also great for people who are always on the go and need to drink their juice immediately, without really caring how much fluid is extracted from the produce.
Masticating juicers are also called auger juicers, slow juicers, or hear juicers. Most of these juicers operate at a maximum speed of 100 RPM, crushing produce slowly, forcing it through a sharp screen.
The juicing process of a cold press juicer is slower and does not require as much heat and oxygen, meaning that the juice produced is more nutritious. Ultimately, their juice yield is more than what you get out of a centrifugal juicer. This means you spend less money and get more out of the products you purchase.
Why is a Masticating Juicer Better?
Masticating juicers are a healthier option when it comes to juice making. They are proffered for several reasons, including:
- The fruits and vegetables are not exposed to air because they aren’t shredded with blades. This slows down the oxidation process and helps the juice retain more nutrients, making it healthier
- When compared to a centrifugal juicer, a masticating juicer produces more juice per ounce, helping you save money on produce
- Masticating juicers retain more pulp, meaning that juices pressed will maintain protein and more fiber than centrifugal processes juices
- You get to control the quality of ingredients you use while saving money. You can pick fruits and vegetables from the farmers market or organic produce with the confidence that your fruit juice is 100% pure and safe to consume
- A slow juicer is great for weekends when you want to unwind and practice self-care. Even when you’re feeling a bit under the weather or want to be self-indulgent, throw your veggies in the juicer and enjoy whole, fresh juice
- Masticating juicers can press just about any produce, and you still end up with a high juice yield. They are perfect for juicing carrots, oranges, ginger, and even leafy greens. A masticating juicer can do practically anything
- The juice produced with a cold press has very little foam and is full of flavor. You can also keep liquid from a masticating juicer for up to three days in the fridge. Juice from centrifugal juicers, however, have to be consumed within 20 minutes and usually have a lot of pulp and foam
- Masticating juicers are pretty easy to clean compared to other juicers. Most masticating juicers come with a reverse button that helps in removing clogs. They also have few parts, which are mostly dishwasher friendly and easy to maintain
- When you process your fruits and vegetables in a masticating juicer, it is easier for you to digest the enzymes and nutrients they contain. Unlike chewing food, juice has little fiber, making it easier to be digested
Is a Masticating Juicer the Same as a Cold Press?
The answer is yes. A masticating juicer and a cold press are basically the same things.
Like masticating juicers, cold press juicers slowly break down vegetables and fruit using the masticating method. This method mimics the chewing action of your teeth when grinding food during meals.
The absence of heat in this type of juicing results in the nutrients and vitamins which exist naturally in fresh produce being preserved.
When using traditional or centrifugal juicers, heat is introduced during juicing. Although the heat makes juicing take less time, it also cuts down the nutritional value of your juice.
What to Look for
Double and Single Auger
Masticating juicers come with either a double or a single auger. A dual auger juicer has just two gears working together for juicing.
Single auger juicers, on the other hand, have just one piece of equipment for juicing, and as a result, cannot juice large quantities. They are also more expensive than double augers but tend to malfunction much earlier.
Speed and Force
With masticating juices, the slower it takes, the greater the outcomes. When purchasing a masticating juicer, try not to exceed 100 RPM. Their speed makes them perfect for processing vegetables.
For fruit juices, you might want to get a juicer that has a “speed switch” or “double switch” mode. The engine of the masticating juicer is focused on creating torque more than speed, making it a powerful appliance.
The components of a masticating juicer might be difficult to dismantle for cleaning in some cases. Ensure that your juicer is easy to take apart and put back together.
Alternatively, you can find a juicer with the “reverse motion” function. This inverse movement prevents clogging of fruit and vegetable remains.
Form and Size
Managing masticating juices can be difficult as it involves forcing vegetables and fruit down the chute slowly for processing. Naturally, fruit pieces can get stuck in the gears, causing you to take the juicer apart, remove the clog, and couple it back together.
If you have a small juicer, opening it up and moving it around will be a lot more convenient. Except you need your masticating juicer for commercial purposes, you should stick to either a small or medium-sized juicer.
6 Best Masticating Juicer
There are several masticating juicer options to choose from. Settling on one may prove a bit challenging, especially for a first-time buyer. Here we have assembled the best masticating juicers available, their features, pros, and cons to make shopping easier for you. Let’s dive in!
1. Aicok Slow Masticating Juicer
Take a look at this fantastic masticating juicer from Aicok. This product is perfect for newbies because it is easy to use and clean.
- 80 RPM slow grinding and masticating
- 7 segment spiral upgraded filter mechanism
- Reverse function
- Product dimensions- 16.1 x 7.9 x 11.6 inches
- The parts of this juicer are dishwasher safe, making cleaning a lot easier
- It is easy to clean, assemble and operate
- This product has a quiet motor and runs silently
- The inverse button makes cleaning this product a breeze
- Safe for consumption by children
- Leaves a white residue on the spiralizer after juicing
- Cannot be used for more than 20 minutes at a go
2. Omega MM900HDS Medical Medium Slow Masticating Celery Juicer
This cold press slow juicer produces juice at 80 RPM making the extraction perfect for celery juice extraction. Its dual stages of extraction produces fresh juice with the maximum amount of vitamins, nutrients, and taste from the smallest amount of vegetables, fruits, wheatgrass, and leafy greens.
- 80 RPM slow masticating and grinding
- Powerful but quiet motor with gear reduction
- Dual-stage masticating extraction
- Product dimensions- 14.5 x 6.5 x 15.5 inches
- Easy to clean with automatic pulp ejection
- Has a large chute that cuts down prep time before juicing
- Features a built-in handle and extra-large feed tray for convenience
- The new juice end cap creates a tighter squeeze, resulting in a higher juice yield
- Does not work on 220V
3. AMZCHEF Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor Professional Machine
Check out this amazing masticating juicer equipped with 7 spirals for effective grinding and maximum juice yield. In just a few seconds, you get a cup of fresh fruit juice with little foam and no pulp. Perfect household item gift!
- Product dimensions- 14.57 x 7.32 x 11.42 inches
- 7 spiral masticating for maximum juice yield
- Suitable for use by children
- BPA free
- Safety lock design
- 80 RPM
- Intelligence protection chips prompt it to stop working every 20 minutes
- This product is straightforward to assemble
- Has a reverse button to help with removing clogs from the juicer
- This juicer is dishwasher safe
- Cannot be used for more than 20 minutes at a go
4. Omega VSJ843QS Vertical Slow Masticating Juicer
This masticating juicer’s contemporary design combines function and form to give you the healthiest juice possible at the highest form of extraction.
- Product dimensions- 15.51 x 6.97 x 15.47 inches
- Dual-edge auger
- No juice tap for neater juicing
- Auto-cleaning system
- The double auger has a tighter fit allowing it to break fiber down and strain the juice to a nutrient-dense, smoother, and more palatable level
- This product has a no juice tap that can be closed while juicing, creating a mixing function. The faucet can be closed after juicing and opened when you’re ready to take the juice cup out, eradicating the occurrence of mess
- The auto-cleaning system makes it easier to clean after use
- This juicer has a high-quality motor, allowing it to operate at low decibels
- Compact design
- Cannot be used with a 240V
5. Jocuu Slow Juicer Masticating
This cold press juicer has 2-speed features that allow it to grind all types of vegetables and fibrous fruit. It also separates pulp from juice extracting high-quality juice and reducing the oxidation rate.
- 150 watts of power
- High-grade stainless steel
- Product dimensions- 15.4 x 11.9 x 7.9 inches
- Two speed regulation for different vegetables and fruits
- Dense stainless steel 304 filter that maximizes juicing
- Easily disassembled with the push of a button
- Dishwasher safe
- Very easy to put together
- Safe to be used by children
- Less than the 50-decibel motor, prompting quiet juicing
- Cannot be used for more than 20 minutes
6. KOIOS Masticating Juicer Machine
Take a look at this slow juicer that offers 60-80% higher yield than most centrifugal juicers. The juice produced is additives free and based on a method that cuts down heat and oxygen exposure, promoting healthy enzymes’ retention.
- 150 WATTs
- 80 RPM
- Twin juicing with reverse function
- Product dimensions- 15.9 x 10.8 x 9 inches
- 3-stage spiral
- Easy to assemble and clean
- This product is dishwasher friendly
- The slow rotation helps to conserve nutrients and minerals
- Oxidation is kept at a minimum with low heat build-up
- Low noise level
- Does not come with replacement parts
A masticating juicer is a much healthier option than other types of juicers available. If you’re trying to keep fit or just want to enjoy quality fruit juice, invest in an excellent masticating juicer. Many experts agree that cold press juicers are better than centrifugal juicers because they produce more juice, enzymes, and nutrients. Go through the lineup and purchase a masticating juicer today to enjoy healthier snacks and desserts.
Leave a Reply