Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs will revolutionize the way you enjoy succulent ribs, reducing cooking time without compromising on flavor or tenderness. This recipe effortlessly delivers juicy, finger-licking, ribs in the convenience of one pot.
Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs (serves 4-8)
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 35 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
- 2 pounds baby back pork ribs
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
1. Start by preparing your ribs for cooking. Peel the membrane off the back of the ribs. This can be done with a dinner knife, and it’s an important step to make sure your seasoning fully penetrates the ribs.
2. Once your meat is prepared, mix together all of your dry ingredients in a small bowl to make your rub.
3. Massage rub mixture into the top layer of your ribs. Ensure that your ribs are covered evenly in the rub so that each piece will receive the same amount of seasoning.
4. Next, pour your apple cider vinegar into the bottom of your Instant Pot.
5. Then place the trivet inside the device and put your ribs inside the Instant Pot ready to cook.
6. Close the lid of your Instant Pot and ensure the sealing valve is securely closed. Set to the high-pressure setting for 20 minutes.
7. When the cooking cycle is complete, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release the pressure for 15 minutes.
8. After waiting for 15 minutes, manually release the device by opening the sealing valve and releasing the pressure.
9. Carefully remove your ribs from the Instant Pot and transfer them onto a cookie sheet.
10. Add your desired amount of barbecue sauce to the top of the ribs over the rub.
11. Next cook ribs in the oven at 350 for about five minutes, or until your barbecue sauce is bubbly.
12. After removing the ribs from the oven, allow them to cool for a couple more minutes and then cut them into sections. You can top them with more barbecue sauce if you like and serve them with your favorite side dishes to make a complete meal.