Irish Creme Coffee Bombs are delightful treats that perfectly enhance every sip of your coffee. As these coffee bombs melt into your cup, they release a depth of flavors, elevating your coffee routine with their decadence and warmth.
- Microwave safe bowl of medium to large sizing
- 6 cavity mold
- Small piping bags or Ziploc baggies (snack size works the best)
- 2 plates
- 1 ½ cups of white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- Dry French Vanilla coffee creamer (powdered form)
- 3 tbsp. of good quality whiskey (optional)
- 3 tbsp. of another liquor type such as amber rum
- Freshly brewed coffee (perked coffee would be the best flavor)
1. Before starting any other step or ingredient preparation, place a plate in the freezer to get cold. Leave it until it is cold to the touch.
2. Then melt the white chocolate chips on high in the microwavable bowl for 60 seconds.
3. Remove the white chocolate chips from the microwave and stir with a spoon to check on the melting status. If it is starting to melt, continue to microwave for 30-second intervals but decrease the power level to prevent the chocolate from burning. Be prepared for this step to take 2 to 4 30-second allotments before all pieces and chunks are melted into the bowl.
4. When you give the white chocolate chips the final stir, check to see if it’s mostly melted. If so, heat for 15 seconds and then vigorously stir until all pieces are absorbed and melted, leaving the chocolate smooth and creamy.
5. Next, using a spoon, drop a dollop of the melted white chocolate into the first cavity of the silicon mold. Use the back of the spoon to completely fill and smooth out the mold.
6. Wipe away any excess or spilled chocolate.
7. Repeat this until all molds are filled with melted white chocolate.
8. Then freeze the mold for 10 to 15 minutes, and use this time to prep your working space for the next steps. Have all the remaining ingredients in arm’s reach and equipment ready to use.
9. Remove the plate and the mold from the freezer.
10. Place the second plate in the microwave on high heat for approximately 2 minutes to heat the surface.
11. Carefully remove each frozen white chocolate “bomb” from the mold, gently working the sides of the silicon to release the half.
12. Set the bombs on the cold plate – this will keep them from melting and excess chocolate from smearing around.
13. In the center of the coffee bomb, spoon a tablespoon of brown sugar and 1-2 tbsp. of the dry French vanilla creamer.
14. Next, connect the two ends of the bombs together using the warmed-up plate to melt the rim of the spheres. Place the top half of the bomb on the heated plate to lightly melt the edges and stick them together.
16. Place the bomb on its side in your favorite coffee mug.
17. Pour piping hot coffee directly onto the Irish Creme Coffee Bombs to release and melt it.