Many of you know of my love for my Instant Pot. It makes dinner a breeze and cooking, in general, is just way easier. I was trying out some new recipes and made this delicious Instant Pot Peach Cobbler.
One word I would use to describe this dish is delectable. Your family will gobble it right up. We’re southerners, so you know we fancy a big plate of cobbler. However, Peach Cobbler from the Instant Pot is a hit. I suggest you give it a try! Don’t forget to print this recipe for later!
Where did Peach Cobbler Originate From?
Cobblers have been around since the 1800s and were popular in both the United States and Europe during this time. As the name suggests, the dessert was thrown together with various fruits by early American settlers, who would opt to make peach cobbler with canned peaches, dried fruit, or preserved peaches. They’d then add cups of biscuit dough on the top of the fruit before baking everything together on an open fire.
English and Dutch immigrants brought over various pie recipes to the New World, which were then adapted to create something with the ingredients that were available in America. When they moved towards the West Coast in the early 19th century, they found more fruits, such as peaches, cherries, and plums, allowing them to create the early form of the cobbler we know and love today. By the 1950s, peach cobbler was one of the staple desserts in America. In an attempt to increase the sales of canned peaches, April 13th was declared National Peach Cobbler Day by the Georgia Peach Council.
Easy Instant Pot Peach Cobbler with only 4 ingredients
Ingredients For Peach Cobbler:
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) Peach Pie Filling
- 1 box (15.25 oz) yellow cake mix
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
Directions to prepare:
1. Start out by placing the pie filling into the bottom of the instant pot and spread evenly.
2. Then in a mixing bowl, you will add the cake mix and cinnamon.
3. Pour in melted butter and stir to mix well.
Note* The mixture will be stiff and hard to mix but continue to mix well.
4. Sprinkle onto the peaches in the instant pot.
5. Set the instant pot to manual high pressure for 10 minutes. Slow release for 10 minutes and remove the cover. Let set for 5 minutes to cool.
Spoon onto plates and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot or Instant Pot Duo Crisp, you need to check it out. It’s super easy and your family will ask for it quite often. Try the Instant Pot Peach Cobbler and let me know what you think! I bet your family will LOVE it just as much as mine did.
Print Instant Pot Peach Cobbler Recipe
- 2 cans 21 ounces each Peach Pie Filling
- 1 box 15.25 oz yellow cake mix
- 1 stick 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream optional
- For this recipe, you will need add a cup of water in the bottom and the pot on a trivet. This will allow steam to create the pressure for it to cook.
- Spread evenly.
- In a mixing bowl, add cake mix and cinnamon.
- Mix well.
- Pour in melted butter and stir to mix well.
- The mixture will be stiff and hard to mix.
- Continue to mix well. Sprinkle onto the peaches in the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to manual high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Slow release for 10 minutes and remove the cover.
- Let set for 5 minutes to cool.
- Spoon onto plates and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Top Tips for Making Fresh Peach Cobbler
- For anyone that prefers their fruit to be a little thicker, consider adding corn starch to this southern peach cobbler recipe. You don’t need to add too much, although the amount will depend on how thick you want your fruit juice. Make sure you don’t do this if you are adding your fruit directly to the inner pot of the Instant Pot, and you’ll want to use the pot in pot method instead.
- When your cobbler has finished cooking in the Instant Pot, we recommend leaving it to cool for about ten minutes before serving. This will give it enough time for the crust to firm up a little before you eat.
- Cook extra peach cobbler and store it in the fridge so that you have a dessert on hand for your family for the next few days.
How to Make Peach Cobbler – FAQs
Can You Make a 3 Ingredient Peach Cobbler?
If you are looking for an even simpler recipe than this one, consider dropping down to just three ingredients. You’ll simply omit the cinnamon and will just add cake mix, peaches, and butter into your Instant Pot. As you can see, this is one of the easiest desserts you could possibly make, and it’s ideal for the fall and winter months.
Is This Dessert Suitable For Vegetarians Or Vegans?
As long as you choose a cake mix that’s suitable for vegetarians, the recipe will be vegetarian-friendly as is. However, to make this recipe vegan-friendly, you’ll need to use vegan butter and a vegan cake mix. Also, ensure your ice cream is vegan-friendly if you are going to serve it with your dessert.
What Is The Difference Between a Crisp and a Cobbler?
These two desserts may seem similar, but they are in fact made in a very different way. A cobbler is a deep-dish dessert that’s made with pie dough topping or cake mix. A crisp will use a topping that combines butter, sugar, oats, and flour, to create what’s almost like an oatmeal cookie on top. You also get the British dessert, fruit crumble, which has a crisp streusel crust on top.
Can You Store Instant Pot Peach Cobbler in the Fridge?
If you have any leftovers, make sure you place these in the fridge to avoid fruit flies and keep your dessert fresh for longer. Just wrap the dish in plastic wrap. Don’t bother transferring the dessert to a different container, as this will make the topping crumble apart.
Could You Make This Dessert with Fresh Peaches?
Yes, if it’s the right time of year, we highly encourage you to make this dessert with fresh peaches. Mix four cups of fresh peaches (pitted and sliced) with 1 ½ cups of sugar, and 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour. You’ll then boil ½ cup of water in the Instant Pot on the sauté setting and add the peach mixture to create your filling. Then continue with the recipe as before.
What Can You Serve Peach Cobbler With?
While you may be happy eating peach cobbler on its own, we always recommend adding something on the side. While ice cream creates an excellent contrast between the hot and cool tastes, you could also add whipped cream or coconut whipped cream on the side.
Looking for Other Dessert Instant Pot Recipes:
Instant Pot Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake is something worth making. It’s pumpkin season and the delicious aroma in your kitchen when making this recipe will surely make you think of fall. Even better when you can make it using your instant pot.
One of my favorites is the Instant Pot Blueberry Coffee Cake. Using real ingredients like, blueberries, butter, and eggs, you’re going to make a delicious masterpiece. By the way, blueberries are in season around late July/August but are great to freeze.
I don’t think regular cheesecake could even compare to this. Super easy to make and delicious to eat. What I really love about this cheesecake is how thick it is. If you wanted, you could even put some of your favorite toppings on it. I’m a strawberry cheesecake kinda girl.