- 30 Oreo Cookies
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 oz white melting chocolate
- Sprinkles (any flavor or color)
1. Start by crushing Oreos in a food processor or in a Ziplock bag to a fine crumble. You can achieve this perfectly pulverized texture using a Ziploc bag by crushing the cookies with a rolling pin. This will give you the perfect crumble without all the mess.
2. Add cream cheese to the processor or stir in until well combined. This step will give you a velvety, creamy texture that is fine, but not too fine. It’s perfectly fine for there to be some bigger pieces of cookie in there. This just means more crunchiness later.
3. Next, cool this mixture in the freezer until firm enough to roll into bite-size balls.
4. Then lightly butter your hands to avoid sticking and roll the mixture into balls and spread them evenly onto a baking sheet or some wax paper. They will be sticky, so making sure your hands are buttered or oiled is a key step in this process. If you notice your hands keep getting sticky, reapply the butter or oil in between batches of ball rolling.
5. Melt the white chocolate.
6. Drizzle white chocolate over the truffles.
7. Before the white chocolate dries, add sprinkles immediately if desired. You may also dip the truffles completely in chocolate, with this option use three ounces of white melting chocolate. The melted chocolate will make your sprinkles stick, so whether you are using the drizzle or completely submerging your truffles, this will determine how much of your sprinkles will stick to the final product. It’s important to work quickly, so add your sprinkles or other candy decorations before the white chocolate mixture dries.
8. Place the Oreo truffles back in the freezer until the chocolate has set and serve.