Learning how to draw a Christmas elf will get you into the Christmas spirit. While Santa Claus is fun to draw, elves might be even more fun.
Santa’s little helpers come in all shapes and sizes, but there is only one traditional Christmas elf.
Must-Have Christmas Elf Drawing Details
- Pointy ears – all elves have pointy ears, even Christmas elves.
- Short stature – elves are always short, averaging 3-4 feet.
- Festive colors – elves love Christmas and always dress in festive colors.
- Rosy cheeks – elves live in a cool climate and have a youthful appearance; both give them rosy cheeks.
- Point hats and shoes – the pointy hats and shoes are iconic to elves.
How To Draw A Christmas Elf: 10 Easy Drawing Projects
1. How to Draw a Cartoon Christmas Elf
Cartoon Christmas elves are fun to draw because you can draw them your way. Art for Kids Hub is a good place to learn to draw a cartoon elf.
2. How to Draw Buddy the Elf
Buddy the Elf is a beloved character from the movie Elf. Draw an animated version of Buddy with Art Land.
3. How to Draw a Japanese Christmas Elf
A Christmas elf that looks like it popped out of an anime is a unique way to depict Santa’s Little Helper. Art ala Carte does an awesome job with one of these.
4. How to Draw an Among Us Christmas Elf
A Christmas elf being the imposter is quite a shocker. Draw one with Cartooning Club How to Draw.
5. How to Draw Elf on the Shelf
Elf on the Shelf graces the mantles of homes all over the world. You can draw one with Cartooning Club.
6. How to Draw a Cute Elf
Most Christmas elves are cute, so why not draw them that way? Draw So Cute draws one of the cutest Christmas elves.
7. How to Draw an Elf Squishmallow
Many kids will get Squishmallows in their stockings and under the tree. You can draw a Squishmallow elf with Draw So Cute.
8. How to Draw an Elf Face
The elf’s face is the most important part of the elf. Art for Kids Hub shows how to draw the face up close.
9. How to Draw a Folding Elf Surprise
Christmas cards are best when they are handmade. This folding elf surprise by Art for Kids Hub is so unique and fun.
10. How to Draw a Christmas Elf Female
Not all elves are male. You can draw a female elf too, so you can learn how to depict every elf with Draw it cute.
How To Draw A Christmas Elf Step-By-Step
Step 1: Draw the Head and Ears
Draw the lower half of the head and the ears. There’s no need to draw the top of the head because a hat will cover it.
Step 2: Draw Hat
Draw the hat on top of the head. You can draw the classic Santa hat in red, a pointy elf hat, or something unique.
Step 3: Draw Face
Draw the round nose, bright eyes, and smile for the elf. You can also draw hair coming out from under the hat, but this isn’t necessary.
Step 4: Draw Upper Body
Draw two arms coming down and an abdomen. Then add a collar, buttons, and belt.
Step 5: Draw Lower Body
Draw pant legs followed by pointy elf shoes. This will complete the elf aside from any details you want to add.
Step 6: Color
Color the elf in a way that you envision it. Red and green are traditional, but it’s fun to get creative.
Tips For Drawing A Christmas Elf
- Give it a personality – imagine what the elf will be like, and it can help you fine-tune the drawing.
- Use acrylics – this is a good way to brighten up your elf.
- Draw more than one – elves always work together, so draw Santa’s whole workshop of elves.
- Add toys – add toys or candy to the elf picture to make it more unique.
What Is A Christmas Elf Called?
A Christmas elf is often called Santa’s Little Helper because of the tasks they do for Santa at Christmastime.
When Did Christmas Elves Originate?
Christmas elves were first introduced in 1856 when Louisa May Alcott wrote a book called “Christmas Elves.”
What Do Christmas Elves Symbolize?
Christmas elves symbolize holiday cheer and Santa’s Naughty and Nice list. They are the ones who tell Santa who has been naughty or nice.
When you learn how to draw a Christmas elf, you learn a lot about human and fantasy character features. From pointy ears to rosy cheeks, they share similarities with many other creatures. Remember to apply what you learn whenever you start a new project.
Leave a Reply