If you can learn how to draw a sunflower, you can learn how to draw many other things. You will learn skills necessary not just to draw plants but unique shapes and textures that comes with drawing flowers.
How To Draw A Sunflower: 10 EASY Drawing Projects
1. How to Draw a Sunflower for Kids
Kids can draw sunflowers too. An easy tutorial like the one by Vivi Santoso is one anyone can follow.
2. Simple Sunflower Drawing Tutorial
Simple sunflowers are enough to brighten one’s day. Draw one with My Brilliant Art. You can do so in color or without color.
3. How to Draw a Sunflower Sketch
A quick sunflower sketch can get you familiar with the flower’s anatomy. Hihi Pencil has a tutorial that is just over five minutes long.
4. How to Draw a Sunflower in Color
Painted or colored sunflowers can spread even more joy. Draw one with AmandaRachLee as she goes into detail about color.
5. Bouquet of Sunflowers Drawing Tutorial
Sunflower bouquets look amazing in acrylics. Draw one with Correa Art as you follow along to her sunflower bouquet painting.
6. How to Draw a Cartoon Sunflower
Cartoon sunflowers are cute and simple. You can draw one with Draw So Cute as she takes you through the steps.
7. How to Draw a Field of Sunflowers
Fields of sunflowers have a unique feel to them. Jay Lee Painting does a special acrylic painting, teaching you new techniques.
8. How to Draw Half a Sunflower
Half sunflowers are fun to learn and will give you a new perspective. Muslima’s Art teaches you a complex sunflower may not be complex to draw.
9. How to Draw the Sunflower from Plants Vs. Zombies
The sunflower on Plants Vs. Zombies is a favorite of gamers everywhere. Draw one with Cartooning Club How to Draw.
10. Sunflower with a Face Drawing Tutorial
Sunflowers with faces are even cuter than sunflowers without them. Draw one with Art for Kids Hub.
11. How to Draw a 3D Sunflower
You can draw a 3D sunflower without digital art. DeepReflectionArt shows you how to do it with ease.
12. A Watercolor Sunflower Drawing Tutorial
Watercolors and sunflowers go together well. Draw one with Jay Lee Painting in his relaxing tutorial video.
13. How to Draw Sunflowers and Wildflowers
While learning to draw sunflowers, you can learn to draw other flowers for a wildflower bouquet. ChitarBhumi Art Academy is a great place to start.
14. How to Draw a Sunflower Head
Sunflower heads will show only the top of a sunflower. Draw one today with ChitraBhumi Art Academy.
15. A Wilted Sunflower Drawing Tutorial
Wilted sunflowers tell a story that you may want to share. LimoSketch draws a wilted sunflower you can use to draw yours.
How To Draw A Realistic Sunflower Step-By-Step
- Blending stump
- 2B pencils
- 4B pencils
- 6B pencil (optional)
- Colored pencils (optional)
Step 1: Draw a Circle
The simple step of drawing a circle is first. Make sure you leave room for the petals and the stem.
Step 2: Draw Petals
Draw petals around the circle and then more behind the ones you drew. Sunflowers should have multiple layers of petals.
Step 3: Draw a Stem
Draw a simple though imperfect stem below the petals. It will be easiest if you draw it pointing down.
Step 4: Draw Leaves
Draw as few or as many leaves as you like, but be sure that you draw at least two to make one at the bottom and one near the top.
Step 5: Texture the Center
Fill in the center with the seeds by dotting the edges lightly and the center heavily with a 4B pencil.
Step 6: Add Color (Optional)
If you wish, add color to the petals, seeds, and stem. Pay attention to the colors because sunflowers are a particular yellow.
Step 7: Shade
If you didn’t add color, shade with 4B and 6B pencils. If you did add color, the shade with darker colored pencils.
Step 8: Finishing Touches
Add veins to the leaves and a 3D effect to the seeds now. The finishing touches are what will make this art yours.
Tips For How To Draw A Sunflower
- Use specific colors – look at sunflower pictures and choose a color that matches best, not just any yellow.
- The center has seeds – the brown center is fitted with hundreds of tiny seeds.
- Stems have multiple leaves – the stems will always have a few leaves, but make sure to add at least two.
- Add depth with similar colors – use a shade or two darker to add depth and a 3D effect.
- Add other wildflowers – add other wildflowers to make a wildflower bouquet, which is unique and whimsical.
- Stems don’t branch out – some flowers have multiple branches of stems, but wildflowers once single stems.
How To Draw A Sunflower FAQ
Is It Hard To Draw A Sunflower?
It is not hard to draw a sunflower. If you are struggling, then consider starting with a simple outline.
What Does A Sunflower Symbolize In Art?
Sunflowers are a symbol of happiness. Although their meaning varies depending on culture, they are always positive symbols.
Why Did Van Gogh Fall In Love With Sunflowers?
Van Gogh believed that sunflowers represented light and hope, two things that Van Gogh craved. His friends even brought sunflowers to his funeral.
Learning how to draw a sunflower is fun and beneficial. The bright colors and warmth they offer make them one of the most popular flowers in art. No wonder Van Gogh loved them.
Leave a Reply