Christmas family quotes are heartfelt and fun sayings that can help uplift your family during the holiday season.
You can write them on holiday cards, on a homemade Christmas craft, or say them to your family as your sit around the dinner table. Learn a few for this holiday season so you can have one on hand for any situation that may come your way.
80 Christmas Family Quotes
Funny Christmas Family Quotes
Funny Christmas Family quotes are ideal for sharing around the table, or at a work party will coworkers. You can also say them to yourself when you need a little cheering up.
- “Don we now our ugly sweaters… Let’s party! Happy Holidays!”-Unknown
- “A Christmas reminder: Don’t try to borrow any money from elves … they’re always a little short! Have a Merry Christmas!”-Unknown
- “Aren’t we forgetting the true meaning of Christmas? You know, the birth of Santa.” —Bart Simpson
- “Once again, we come to the holiday season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice.” —Dave Barry
- “I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying ‘toys not included.’” —Bernard Manning
- “Nothing says holidays like a cheese log.” —Ellen DeGeneres
- “Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people once a year.” —Victor Borge
- “Christmas is a baby shower that went totally overboard.” —Andy Borowitz
- “I hate the radio this time of year because they play ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You’ like, every other song. And that’s just not enough.” —Bridger Winegar
- “People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas.” —Unknown
- “Ever wonder what people got Jesus for Christmas? It’s like, ‘Oh great, socks. You know I’m dying for your sins, right? Yeah, but thanks for the socks! They’ll go great with my sandals. What am I, German?’” —Jim Gaffigan
- “Thank you, stockings, for being a long flammable piece of fabric people like to hang over a roaring fireplace.” —Jimmy Fallon
- “Mail your packages early so the post office can lose them in time for Christmas.” —Johnny Carson
Thankful Christmas Quotes for Family
Thankful Christmas family Quotes are essential for reminding yourself what the holiday is all about. Everything you planned may not go as you wanted, but you can still be thankful for all that you have with the help of a quote or two.
- “The basic ingredients to a merry Christmas are the gifts of time and love.”-ProudHappyMama
- “Christmas is a holiday that we celebrate not as individuals nor as a nation, but as a human family.”- Ronald Reagan
- “For me, the spirit of Christmas means being happy and giving freely. It’s a tradition for all the kids in the family to help mom decorate the tree. Christmas is all about family, eating, drinking, and making merry.” — Malaika Arora Khan
- “It’s not what is under the Christmas tree that matters, it is my family and loved ones gathered around it that counts.”-ProudHappyMama
- “The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.” – Burton Hills
- “Christmas is not about the lights, not about the presents, not about the food, but about being there for others, being a friend, loving someone whether they are family or not.” – S.E. Smith
- “Christmas isn’t about candy canes, or twinkling Christmas lights, it’s about the hearts that we touch, and the care that we show.”-ProudHappyMama
- “Holidays are about experiences and people, and tuning into what you feel like doing at that moment. Enjoy not having to look at a watch.” – Evelyn Glennie
Christmas Bible Quotes
Christmas is a religious holiday that has many people dusting off their family Bible. Biblical Christmas quotes are not only popular during family events but can increase the reverence of the evening when spoken on Christmas eve.
- “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.”-John 3:16
- “Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call His name Immanuel.”-Isiah 7:14
- “For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder, and His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of His government and of peace there will be no end, on the throne of David and over His kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this.” -Isaiah 9:6-7
- “When they [the wise men] saw the star, they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy. And going into the house, they saw the Child with Mary His mother, and they fell down and worshiped Him. Then, opening their treasures, they offered Him gifts, gold and frankincense and myrrh. And being warned in a dream not to return to Herod, they departed to their own country by another way.” -Matthew 2:10-12
Religious Family Christmas Quotes
Not all religious quotes come directly from the Bible and Religious family quotes may reference God or Jesus but in a nondescript way. These quotes are useful in those times when you want to celebrate with individuals who may not be of the exact same religion as you but are still religious.
- “Good news from heaven the angels bring, glad tidings to the earth they sing: To us this day a child is given, to crown us with the joy of heaven.” —Martin Luther
- “Time was with most of us, when Christmas Day, encircling all our limited world like a magic ring, left nothing out for us to miss or seek; bound together all our home enjoyments, affections, and hopes; grouped everything and everyone round the Christ.” – Charles Dickens
- “Christmas is not just a time for festivity and merry-making. It is more than that. It is a time for the contemplation of eternal things. The Christmas spirit is a spirit of giving and forgiving.” – J.C. Penney
- “Love came down at Christmas; love all lovely, love divine; love was born at Christmas, stars and angels gave the sign.” —Christina G. Rossetti
- “Christmas may be a day of feasting, or of prayer, but always it will be a day of remembrance—a day in which we think of everything we have ever loved.” – Augusta E. Randel
Inspirational Christmas Quotes for Family
Everyone needs a little inspiration at some point during the holiday season. Inspirational Christmas quotes for your family will rise to the occasion and help you through even the darkest days.
- “The joy of Christmas is family.”-ProudHappyMama
- “And that, of course, is the message of Christmas. We are never alone. Not when the night is darkest, the wind coldest, the world seemingly most indifferent.”– Taylor Caldwell
- “Christmas will always be as long as we stand heart to heart and hand in hand.” – Dr. Seuss
- “The best way to see Christmas is through the eyes of a child.”-ProudHappyMama
- “At Christmas, all roads lead home.” — Marjorie Holmes
Romantic Christmas Family Quotes
Christmas is both a time for family as well as for a romance. Whether you are wooing a new lover or re-lighting the fire with a partner or lover, Romantic Christmas quotes can help you get in the mood.
- “If kisses were snowflakes, I would send a blizzard.”-Unknown
- 37. “Baby all I want for Christmas is you.”-Mariah Carey
- “You can kiss me whenever you want… No mistletoe needed.”-Unknown
- “With you by my side, I could not ask for a better Christmas! Merry Christmas!”-Unknown
- “Thank you for being my plus one in a million this Christmas.”-LovetoKnow
- “You are the Christmas present I’ve wanted all these years. You are perfect just the way you are. Have a beautiful Christmas.”-Unknown
- “Love is what’s in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen.”-ProudHappyMama
Meaningful Christmas Family Quotes
Sometimes you may want to mutter a quote that stays on your family’s minds for weeks. Meaningful Christmas quotes can help instill feelings of thankfulness, appreciation, and inspiration all in one.
- “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.” — Charles M. Schulz
- “Christmas brings family and friends together. It helps us to appreciate the love in our lives that we often take for granted. May the true meaning of the holiday season fill your heart and home with many blessings.”-ProudHappyMama
- “Every Christmas, Santa knows if this family has been naughty or nice, but he visits us anyway.”-LovetoKnow
- “For centuries men have kept an appointment with Christmas. Christmas means fellowship, feasting, giving and receiving, a time of good cheer, home.” – W. J. Tucker
- “I think as you grow older your Christmas list gets shorter because the things you want can’t be brought.”-ProudHappyMama
- “Christmas with this family is never peace on Earth, but it’s always good will towards men, women, children, dogs, cats, and even mice.”-LovetoKnow
- “Merry Christmas is beyond a simple greeting, it is a blessing to let someone know that you wish them and their family peace, happiness, and bountiful grace.”-ProudHappyMama
Family Christmas Quotes from Movies
It wouldn’t be Christmas without a few popular Christmas movies. Christmas family quotes from movies can be muttered long after the credits roll and can keep you in the spirit even when you can’t snuggle up in front of the TV all day long.
- “We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: Candy, candy canes, candy corn, and syrup.”-Elf
- “No one should be alone on Christmas.”-The Grinch that Stole Christmas
- “You can mess with a lot of things. But you can’t mess with kids on Christmas.”-Home Alone 2
- “The thing about trains … it doesn’t matter where they’re going. What matters is deciding to get on.”-The Polar Express
- “Nobody’s walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas.”-Christmas Vacation
- “A toy is never truly happy until it is loved by a child.”-Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- “Just because you can’t see something, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.”-The Santa Clause
- “That’s what Christmas memories are made from, they’re not planned, they’re not scheduled, nobody puts them in their Blackberry, they just happen.”-Deck the Halls
- “There’s a certain magic that comes with the very first snow. For when the first snow is also a Christmas snow, well, something wonderful is bound to happen.”-Frosty the Snowman
- “You’ll shoot your eye out, kid!”-A Christmas Story
- “God bless us, everyone!”-A Christmas Carol
- “Merry Christmas you filthy animal.”-Home Alone
- “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.”-Elf
- “Just remember, the true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart.”-The Polar Express
- “Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to.” -Miracle on 34th Street
- “Seeing isn’t believing. Believing is seeing.”-The Santa Clause
- “Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can’t see.”-The Polar Express
Blended Family Christmas Quotes
Blended families are becoming more common and can make it difficult to enjoy the Christmas season. These Christmas quotes for blended families can help you uplift children or family members that may be missing the other half of their family on the holiday.
- “Miles apart from my family this Christmas is not what I longed for this year, but our love will keep us close to each other no matter what.”-ProudHappyMama
- “From home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another. The warmth and joy of Christmas brings us closer to each other.” – Emily Matthews
- “Bright families are just like bright colors: When you blend two, you get something beautiful!” –Unknown
- “I send my thoughts afar, and let them paint your Christmas Day at home.” – Edward Rowland Sill
- “Next Christmas, I hope that we can again hug each other tight and celebrate this season together. Merry Christmas!”-ProudHappyMama
- “The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other.” –Richard Bach
- “Becoming a blended family means mixing, mingling, scrambling, and sometimes muddling our way through delicate family issues, complicated relationships, and individual differences, hurts, and fears. But through it all, we are learning to love like a family.” –Tom Frydenger
Broken Family Christmas Quotes
Some families are no longer complete, and this can make the holidays extra difficult. Memorize a few broken family Christmas quotes to mutter in those times as a comfort to yourself or others as needed.
- “Life is upside down right now, but eventually it will bob back upright, and you’ll be okay.”-LovetoKnow
- “It doesn’t matter what has happened this year that has kept us apart from each other, just knowing you are here with me in heart still makes it a Merry Christmas.”-ProudHappyMama
- “Christmas is the day that holds all time together.” – Alexander Smith
- “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?” ― Bob Hope
- “Christmas is not just a time for festivity and merry-making. It is more than that. It is a time for the contemplation of eternal things. The Christmas spirit is a spirit of giving and forgiving.” – J. C. Penney
- “All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy, for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves. We must die to one life before we can enter into another.” –Anatole France
- “Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible.” — Corrie ten Boom
What Does Christmas Mean to Family?
For families, Christmas is the time of year when they get together to show one another how thankful they are for each other. Gifts are often exchanged as a sign of love and time is spent reflecting on what is important in life.
What is the Most Popular Christmas Saying?
The most popular Christmas saying is ‘Tis the Season’, and it is often muttered both in joy as well as in annoyance in regard to difficulties that only arise during the Christmas season.
No matter what plans you have for the coming holiday season, make Christmas family quotes a part of them. Quotes can be used to uplift others, or even yourself, all season long. Write down your favorites and commit them to memory so you can have a memorable and happy Christmas season.