Learning how to draw a snow globe is a great way to spread joy this holiday season. Snowglobes make good gifts, even if it’s a drawing of a snow globe. While most people know what a snow globe is, digging deeper is always fun.
What Is The Snow Globe?
A snow globe is a liquid-filled globe that is decorated with a festive and snowy setting. White particles are added to the globe to mimic snow when the globe is shaken.
Snow Globe Christmas Decoration Ideas
- Consider veering from spheres – you can make the snow globe any shape you want, from a heart to a star.
- Use a mason jar – mason jar shapes in real life and in art are fabulous.
- Lantern snow globe – lanterns make eerie yet homey snow globes.
- Christmas light snow globe – Christmas light snow globes are fun and festive; you can even make a whole string of them.
- Open snow globe – a snow globe without liquid can be open in the front.
- Your home snow globe – you can draw or make a snow globe with a familiar setting to add sentimental value.
How To Draw a Snow Globe: 10 Easy Drawing Projects
1. Drawing a Classic Snow Globe Tutorial
The classic snow globe is easy to draw. Art for Kids Hub is a good place to start if you want to draw a snow globe.
2. A Cute Snow Globe Drawing Tutorial
Most snow globes are cute, but some take things to the next level. Draw So Cute does an amazing job with her cute snow globe.
3. A Realistic Snow Globe Drawing Tutorial
Realistic snow globes may be harder to draw than other types, but the right tutorial can help. Circle Line Art Club does a great job.
4. Drawing a Snow Globe with Colored Pencils Tutorial
Colored pencils are a great way to draw a snow globe. Learn step by step does a cute version.
5. A Penguin Snow Globe Drawing Tutorial
Penguins are fun wintertime animals that fit into the Christmas genre. Draw a penguin snow globe with Emmylou.
6. A 3D Snow Globe Drawing Tutorial
While realistic art is difficult, 3D just takes a few tricks. Drawing 3D Art shows you how to draw a snow globe that will impress.
7. Drawing a Winter Snow Globe Tutorial
8. Drawing a Reindeer Snow Globe Tutorial
Reindeer are fun to draw at Christmas time, so adding them to a snow globe is great. Great Artist Mom has a tutorial on how to do just that.
9. A Snow Globe with Santa Drawing Tutorial
Santa may be the most festive object for your snow globe drawing. Draw one today with Santa with Artist’s Palette Durham.
10. A Simple Snow Globe Drawing Tutorial
Simple snow globes are perfect for anyone to learn how to draw them. Mrs. Johnson’s Art Lessons shows you how to draw a simple yet impressive snow globe.
How To Draw A Snow Globe Step-By-Step
- Colored pencils
Step 1: Draw a Circle
Draw a circle that will become the globe for the snow globe. Make sure you leave room for the base.
Step 2: Draw Base
Draw the base of the snow globe. You can make it any shape, but a rectangle that is slightly larger on the bottom is ideal.
Step 3: Add Base Details
Add writing, trim, and other details to the base. Get creative with this part, and maybe even add a wind-up knob.
Step 4: Add Setting
Add what you want inside of the snow globe. A house, the North pole, gingerbread men, or anything else you want.
Step 5: Add Snow
Snow is easy to add; all you have to do is scatter it about the ground and then add it sporadically in the air.
Step 6: Add shine
Add a simple shine in the corner to make the globe look glass. Feel free to add more than one, but one should be enough.
Step 7: Color
Color with colored pencils or markers. Make sure you color the globe a light blue or the same color as the background to give a realistic effect.
Tips For Drawing A Snow Globe
- Add glitter – glitter for the snow can make the drawing look even more impressive.
- Dress up the base – add details to the base to make the snow globe pop.
- Add extra shimmer – one shimmer is good, but you may notice a real snow globe has more than one.
- Model it after a real one – this is a good way to get the details right.
What Is The Liquid Inside A Real Snow Globe?
The liquid inside a real snow globe is usually made of glycerin, which is made from vegetable oils.
Where Was The First Snow Globe Invented?
The first snow globe was accidentally created in 1900 by a surgical instrument mechanic named Erwin Perzy. He intended to improve the brightness of the electric bulb.
What Does A Snow Globe Symbolize?
Snow globes symbolize childhood and the magic of Christmas. Specific snow globes often represent something special to their owners.