Learning how to draw a Christmas tree can get you in the Christmas spirit. It’s an easy holiday art project that the whole family can enjoy.
But before you get started drawing a Christmas tree, you need to make sure you have everything ready.
Christmas Tree Drawing Must-Haves
- Star – the Christmas star can be replaced with an angel if you prefer.
- Lights – lights are strung across all Christmas trees, though traditionally, they used candles.
- Ornaments – draw classic Christmas balls or get creative with gingerbread men and personal ornaments.
- Snow dust – snow dust on the tree can make the picture look magical.
- Evergreen tree – evergreen trees are traditional but feel free to get creative with palm trees or cherry blossoms.
How To Draw A Christmas Tree: 10 Easy Drawing Projects
1. How To Draw A Christmas Tree Easy
Christmas trees are simple and fun to draw with this easy Christmas tree tutorial that anyone can follow.
2. A Realistic Christmas Tree Drawing Tutorial
Realistic Christmas trees are the most impressive to draw. You can draw one with The Pencil Room Online.
3. How To Draw A Christmas Tree With Presents
4. A Cartoon Christmas Tree Drawing Tutorial
A cartoon Christmas tree is lively and fun. Art Land has a tutorial with a great cartoon Christmas tree.
Related: How to Draw A Snowman
5. A 3D Christmas Tree Drawing Tutorial
Realistic art and 3D art are different. Learn to draw a 3D Christmas tree with MiltonCor, where the Christmas tree pops out of the paper.
6. How To Draw A Christmas Tree Star
Christmas tree stars come in all shapes and sizes, some even use angels. But you can draw a classic Christmas star with Black Board Drawing.
7. The Charlie Brown Christmas Tree Drawing Tutorial
The Charlie Brown Christmas tree is now a traditional symbol. Learn to draw it with EasyPicturesToDraw.
8. Drawing Christmas Tree Lights Tutorial
Learning to draw Christmas tree lights separate from the Christmas tree is a great idea. Do that with Art for Kids Hub.
9. How To Draw A Cute Christmas Tree
A cute Christmas tree is sure to lift anyone’s spirits. Draw So Cute always has the best cute art, and a Christmas tree is no exception.
10. A Folding Christmas Tree Drawing Tutorial
A surprise folding Christmas tree is a fun art project for anyone. Art for Kids Hub will show you how it’s done.
How To Draw A Christmas Tree Step-By-Step
- Colored pencils or markers
Step 1: Draw a Triangle
Start your tree with a triangle that will make up the tree’s body. Then, add a square under it for the trunk.
Step 2: Add a Star
Get creative with the star by adding lines where it will shine or making it a six-pointed star.
Step 3: Shape the Tree
Shape the tree by taking each layer and making it flocked. There should be around five tiers on a Christmas tree.
Step 4: Add Ornaments
The classic Christmas tree has round ball ornaments. But you can add all of your favorites to your custom Christmas tree drawing.
Step 5: Add Lights
Add lights that aren’t straight or even. Ensure that each of them dips down one way and then the other.
Step 6: Color
Color your drawing any color you want. For a traditional Christmas tree, the tree should be green, the star yellow, and the ornaments red.
Tips For Drawing A Christmas Tree
- Use gel pens – gel pens are a fun way to make Christmas tree art festive.
- Add popcorn – popcorn is an old Christmas tree decoration still in use today.
- Glue on real tinsel – use real tinsel to make your Christmas tree art pop.
- Draw wrapped presents under the tree – Christmas morning isn’t the same without at least wrapped boxes.
- Add a window with snow behind the tree – snow on Christmas is magical. Draw some out of a paned window.
How Did The Christmas Tree Originate?
The Christmas tree originated as a tradition in 16th-century Germany. It began when the Christians brought trees into their homes to celebrate Christ.
What Does A Christmas Tree Symbolize In Art?
A Christmas tree symbolizes the spirit of Christmas in art. Artists decorate the tree in a way that resonates with what Christmas means to them.
If you can learn how to draw a Christmas tree, you can learn how to draw any tree. With this piece of art, you will learn how to draw a trunk, pine needles, and more. Take advantage of all you learn so you can apply it to future drawings.