Learning how to draw a snowman can be beneficial all year round. When you learn to draw a snowman, you learn how to draw snow, accessories, and landscapes.
The accessories of snowmen vary, and you can customize yours, but most traditional snowmen have the same few accessories.
Must-Have Accessories in a Snowman Drawing
- Hat – top hats preferred.
- Scarf – wrapped with one end in the front and the other in the back.
- Mittens – gloves work too, but mittens are traditional.
- Buttons – three large buttons are perfect.
- Limbs – made of sticks.
- Carrot – a carrot nose is ideal, though oranges or rocks will do.
How To Draw A Snowman: 10 Easy Drawing Projects
1. How to Draw a Snowman Face
The snowman’s face is the most important part of drawing a snowman. Learn to draw one with eHowArtsandCrafts.
2. How to Draw a Snowman for Kids
Kids love to draw snowmen. Art for Kids Hub has a wonderful tutorial that even adults can enjoy.
3. A Cute Snowman Drawing Tutorial
Snowmen don’t have to be tall and boring. They can be adorable too. Draw a cute snowman with Draw So Cute.
4. How to Draw a Melting Snowman
Even Frosty the Snowman started to melt. Azz Easy Drawing shows you how to draw a melting snowman with ease.
Related: How To Draw a Christmas Tree
5. How to Draw Frosty the Snowman
Frosty the Snowman is the most iconic snowman. Draw him with a corncob pipe and a button nose with Art for Kids Hub.
6. How to Draw a Snowman Squishmallow
A Squishmallow snowman is sweet and stocky. Draw So Cute does a wonderful job of drawing one you can also draw.
7. How to draw a Snowman with the Number 8
A good way for beginners to learn to draw a snowman is with the number 8. Anup Kumar Acharjee shows you how.
8. How to Draw Olaf the Snowman from Frozen
Olaf is the most beloved snowman in recent years. Draw Olaf from Frozen with this easy-to-follow tutorial.
9. How to Draw a Realistic Snowman
Realistic snowmen are rare, but you can draw one to impress. Sandy Allnock’s Artventure is an awesome place to start and finish.
10. How to Draw a Cartoon Snowman
Cartoon showmen should be unique. Drawing for KIDS TV has a unique snowman depiction you can use to inspire you.
How To Draw A Snowman Step-By-Step
- Markers or colored pencils
Step 1: Draw Circle
The first circle is the head, and it’s the only circle that is fully visible. It should be small and leave room for everything else.
Step 2: Draw Two More Circles
Draw one circle a bit bigger than the head below it, then another bigger on the bottom. Don’t draw the tops of the circles; let them hide behind the ones above them.
Step 3: Draw Arms
The arms should be made of sticks. If you want to be creative, draw tiny branches for the feet of the snowman.
Step 4: Draw Buttons and Hat
Draw three buttons on the second snowball. You can draw more or less, but this is ideal. Then add the top hat or winter cap.
Step 5: Draw Face
Feel free to get creative with the face. However, the classic snowman has buttons for a mouth, a carrot nose, and button eyes.
Step 6: Draw Landscape
Make it snow to add to the theme. But either way, you should draw the horizon and perhaps winter clouds in the sky.
Step 7: Color It
Color your drawing with crayons, markers, or colored pencils. Snowmen drawings don’t need to be shaded.
Tips For Drawing A Snowman
- Branch out and use branches as feet – you can use the same type of branches you uses for the arms for feet.
- Get creative with the hat – you don’t need to draw a top hat. Choose your favorite type of hat instead.
- Copy your winter gear – take a look at your favorite hat and scarf, then try to copy it for your snowman.
- Add a family – add kids, a spouse, and even a pet snowdog.
- Make a snowy landscape with snow in the air – dot the sky with snow to add a magical aspect.
- Glitter makes good snow – even if you don’t make it snow, the glitter looks good on the snowman’s snowballs.
How Did The Snowman Originate?
The snowman originated from writer Bob Eckstein. In his book, The History of the Snowman, he wrote that the earliest known depiction of a snowman was in The Book of Hours from 1380. Not much is known before this horrible anti-semitic symbol of a Jewish snowman melting by the fire.
What Does The Snowman Represent In Christmas?
The snowman represents a happy symbol of Christmas when Frosty the Snowman was released in 1969.
What Does A Snowman Symbolize In Art?
Snowmen are a symbol of winter and cheerfulness. They are made to bring joy to those suffering through harsh winters.
Learn how to draw a snowman, and you may want a cup of hot chocolate. As fun as summer is, winter drawings can be heartwarming. What better winter symbol than the festive snowman?