Layered Taco Bake Casserole
Not only do my kids approve, but this layered taco bake casserole is totally quick and easy to make. Make it a Taco Tuesday night.
We usually have Taco Tuesday in our house but I like to change it up a bit. This taco bake casserole recipe is totally quick and easy to make. Just basically layer and bake! You can whip dinner up in no time. I love easy casserole recipes because they are perfect for the busy family.
This taco casserole dish is totally versatile. If you are not a fan of refried beans then you do not have to use them. If you want a serious kick, use hot salsa, refried beans with green chilies, and add diced jalapenos to the top after baking. I personally like to top my serving with additional hot sauce. This dish can be made into a 9×13 pan, but I would recommend adding an additional cup of tortilla chips.
How do you reheat taco pie?
Is this layered taco bake casserole dish spicy?
Can I freeze this layered taco bake casserole?
While I think that most things can be frozen, I actually do not recommend it for this. The ingredients just won’t stay fresh and will turn mushy if you try to freeze it. If you’re unsure if you’re going to be able to eat it all, plan ahead and either halve the recipe or immediately take out half to share with a family member or friends. That way nothing is going to go to waste.
2. Then you will sprinkle with one cup of shredded cheese. Add salsa and smooth beans and ingredients with the back of a spoon. Top with ground meat and remaining cheese. Add olives and green onions and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
See how simple it is?! I told you there was nothing to it! Now it’s your turn to create this recipe. I can’t wait to hear what you think about it once you make it and give it a try!
Taco Bake Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef turkey or pork, cooked, drained and seasoned with taco seasoning
- 2 cups tortilla chips coarsely crushed
- 1 can refried beans 15-16oz
- 2 green onions sliced thin
- 2 cups shredded cheese of your choice
- -used my local store's taco cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup lettuce shredded
- sour cream
- cilantro finely chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 350
In a casserole, layer tortilla chips on the bottom.
Top with dollops of refried beans.
Sprinkle with 1 cup of shredded cheese.
Add salsa and smooth beans and ingredients with the back of a spoon.
Top with ground meat and remaining cheese.
Add olives and green onions and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Remove from oven and top with tomatoes, sour cream, lettuce and cilantro before serving.
Looking for other Taco Tuesday night recipe ideas?
- Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup With Tortillas: Easy Dinner Made In 10 Minutes
- How To Make Delicious Instant Pot Tacos
- Eyeball Tacos – A Spooky & Fun Halloween Dinner