Layered Taco Bake Casserole
Not only do my kids approve, this layered taco bake casserole is totally quick and easy to make. Make it a Taco Tuesday night.
We usually have Taco Tuesday in our house but I like to change it up a bit. Not only do my kids approve, this layered taco bake casserole is totally quick and easy to make. Just basically layer and bake! You can whip dinner up in no time. I love easy casserole recipes because they are perfect for the busy family.
This taco casserole dish is totally versatile. If you are not a fan of refried beans then you do not have to use them. If you want a serious kick, use hot salsa, refried beans with green chilies, and add diced jalapenos to the top after baking. I personally like to top my serving with additional hot sauce. This dish can be made into a 9×13 pan, but I would recommend adding an additional cup of tortilla chips.
Then you will sprinkle with one cup of shredded cheese. Add salsa and smooth beans and ingredients with the back of a spoon. Top with ground meat and remaining cheese. Add olives and green onions and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
Taco Bake Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef turkey or pork, cooked, drained and seasoned with taco seasoning
- 2 cups tortilla chips coarsely crushed
- 1 can refried beans 15-16oz
- 2 green onions sliced thin
- 2 cups shredded cheese of your choice
- -used my local store's taco cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup lettuce shredded
- sour cream
- cilantro finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a casserole, layer tortilla chips on the bottom.
- Top with dollops of refried beans.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Add salsa and smooth beans and ingredients with the back of a spoon.
- Top with ground meat and remaining cheese.
- Add olives and green onions and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with tomatoes, sour cream, lettuce and cilantro before serving.
- Serves 6-8.
Looking for other Taco Tuesday night recipe ideas?