With the holidays right around the corner, now is the time to start planning out your holiday brunch menu. One thing that we always have at our house is a delicious and juicy slow cooker ham with pineapples and brown sugar. This tender and juicy holiday ham is perfect for a holiday brunch or a Sunday meal. It’s simple to make and has such great flavors.
Since I cook our spiral ham in the crockpot, it also leaves a ton of space in the oven for all the other holiday side dishes that I love to make as well!
What side dish and dessert should you make with holiday ham?
There are so many options when it comes to side dishes and desserts for your holiday meal. My favorite happens to be my southern favorite Instant Pot Potato Salad. For dessert, this delicious Instant Pot Pumpkin Pie or Instant Pot Peach Cobbler is always a hit!
Today, I’m sharing this recipe with you for our Tasty Tuesday feature. You can find more delicious recipes from my friends, at the bottom of this post.
Can you put a frozen ham in the slow cooker?
You can but this is going to take a lot of time for it to unthaw. I also either buy a ham that is fresh from the store (not frozen) or I take it out of the freezer and let it thaw completely before cooking it in my slow cooker.
What if my ham doesn’t fit in the crockpot?
If your ham is too large to fit inside your crockpot, don’t worry. You can cut it down to make it fit or just cut it down and save some for later to cook as well.
Can I put aluminum foil over the crockpot?
If the lid on your crockpot doesn’t seal quite right or it broke a long time ago, you can use aluminum foil in a pinch to cover the top of your crockpot. It’s not ideal but it will work.
Count on using a couple of layers just to be certain that it will hold in the heat.
How much ham do I need for 15 adults?
Are you having a family gathering for your Easter, Thanksgiving or Christmas meal? If so, you need to make certain that you have enough ham! For feeding up to 15 people (I say people because some kids eat a lot as well!), you should count on having an 8-10 pound ham.
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Ham:
- 8-10 pound spiral ham
Tip: For the next day, you can use the ham hock to make these slow cooker pinto beans.
Holiday Ham Glaze Ingredients:
- brown sugar, packed
- unsalted butter
- pineapple slices, drained
- ground cloves
Directions to prepare a delicious Slow Cooker Ham:
1. Coat inside of crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Place ham, cut side down into the slow cooker.
3. In a small saucepan, melt butter.
4. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar until well combined and paste forms.
5. Sprinkle ground cloves on top of brown sugar mixture in the pan, stir to combine well.
6. Cover ham with brown sugar mixture gently pushing the mixture into ham.
7. Add pineapple slices on top of the ham, secure with toothpicks if necessary.
8. Pour reserved pineapple juice over ham.
9. Add the lid to crockpot if possible, if the lid doesn’t fit, cover tightly with foil.
10. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or internal temperature 145 degrees F.
11. Baste with juice and let sit for 10 minutes before cutting.
Serve immediately. Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
See how simple this delicious holiday ham is? It’s going to be the star of the show!
Tried this recipe and loved it? Don’t forget to give this Holiday spiral ham five stars below!
Juicy Crockpot Ham, Pineapples and Brown Sugar - A Perfect Holiday Ham
- 8-10 pound spiral ham
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple slices, drained - reserve juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Coat inside of crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place ham, cut side down into the crockpot.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter.
- Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar until well combined and paste forms.
- Sprinkle ground cloves on top of brown sugar mixture in the pan, stir to combine well.
- Cover ham with brown sugar mixture gently pushing the mixture into ham.
- Add pineapple slices on top of the ham, secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- Pour reserved pineapple juice over ham.
- Add the lid to crockpot if possible, if the lid doesn’t fit, cover tightly with foil.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or internal temperature 145 degrees F.
- Baste with juice and let sit for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Pin for later: