I am so excited to partner with Cracker Barrel again this year to show you how to create this coastal table perfect for spring or summer. I love the ocean and I am so in love with Cracker Barrel’s NEW Exclusive Coastal Collection. I am bringing the ocean or sea to my dining room with this coastal table decor. I have such a love for the ocean, and these dinner plates make me think the ocean is right in my backyard. Take a peek of my table setting and let me know what you think.
This Coastal Collection easily transports me to a happy, relaxed place. It is even perfect for that nautical or ocean theme party. I love the cool coastal colors of turquoise and blue, highlighting the seahorses and mermaids both perfectly.
I love the selection of coastal accessories that Cracker Barrel offers to compliment their dinnerware. Aren’t these sea turtles, seahorse, blowfish and crab salt & pepper shakers absolutely adorable?
I especially love finding unique ways to tie up our napkins. These Napkin Ring With Shells will be the talk around your table. They are a must-have for your table decor accent piece!
Finally, I added the perfect Seashell Floral Arrangement centerpiece for a truly unique tablescape. This centerpiece reminds me of waves crashing on the beach and the cool breeze of the wind blowing through my hair.
How To Set Up Your Dinner Table Correctly
You are probably wondering how to properly set the table. It is really easy actually but an important step you don’t want to overlook. For casual events, you need only a placemat, utensils, a dinner plate, salad plate, soup bowl (optional), drinking glass, and a napkin.
Casual Table Setting Instructions
- Lay the placemat down first, using this as the base for your dinnerware.
- Place the dinner plates in the middle of the placemat.
- If you are serving soups, place the soup bowl on top of the dinner plate.
- To the right of the plate, place the knife closest to the plate with the edge pointing in. Place the spoon to the right of the knife. The utensils and dinner plates should all be at level.
- To the left of the plate, place your forks.
- Place the cup slightly above the plate, in between the plate and the utensils.
- Lay the napkin to the left of the plate or on top of the plate.
- Add a beautiful centerpiece.
Bring the ocean or sea to your dining room! Cracker Barrel has a great selection of dishware, accent pieces and so much more for creating the perfect dinner party setting! They even offer meal catering. I love that so many of these pieces can work in so many other table setting styles, not just for a beach home. Make sure to check out all the amazing decor ideas at Cracker Barrel’s Online Store for your next beach coastal dinner party!