Have you been wanting to host a romantic dinner at home for your spouse? My husband and I are super busy, so it appears the only time we can spend time together is when I plan a romantic dinner at home. One of our favorite meals to make is this Gluten Free Cast Iron Skillet Baked Spaghetti dish. Simple, yet super delicious.These dinners at home are used to help us spend time together and to get to know each other even better, after all of these years.
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WonderfulYourWay #CollectiveBias
Here is how to pull off a romantic dinner at home:
Choose the main meal
When planning a romantic dinner at home, the main meal is most important. When I am planning a romantic dinner at home with my husband, I often have Barilla® Gluten Free Pasta on hand. You can find this brand at your local neighborhood Kroger store.
The right pasta can really help me create the best meal possible. One of my favorite meals to make my husband is this Gluten Free Cast Iron Skillet Baked Spaghetti dish. Simple, yet super delicious.
Surprise your spouse
Whether you have been married 10 years or 10 days, there is just something about being surprised. When planning that romantic dinner at home, surprise your spouse, they will love it. I know it can be hard to keep something like that on the down low, but it makes the dinner at home so much sweeter.
Start by planning the drinks
What kind of drinks will you have for your romantic dinner? Sparkling water or grape juice are both excellent choices. You can serve water if you want, but just plan on something. You will need something to help wash down the delicious meal you’re going to make for the romantic dinner.
Have fun with it
I love how I still giddy about planning a surprise dinner with my husband, even after all these years. One thing I learned about pulling off a romantic dinner at home is to have fun with it. Whether you dress up or wear your pajamas, your spouse will be happy because they are spending time with you. So, enjoy yourself and have fun with this romantic dinner at home.
Barilla® Gluten Free Pasta is my go-to ingredient for all of my pasta recipes. My family and I try to eat gluten-free as much as possible without sacrificing quality taste. Barilla is a brand we trust. If gluten-free is not your thing, that’s okay too. Barilla® offers a variety of selections to choose from.
Fun Date Night Ideas At Home
- Find a recipe that you both would love to make together in the kitchen.
- Wear your favorite dress or tie. Dress up like you are going out for a nice dinner in a restaurant.
- Enjoy your delicious dinner on the back porch and star gaze afterwards
- Watch a movie and eat your yummy dinner together.
- Play board games together, while eating your favorite dinner.
- After dinner, turn on some great dancing music and test your dancing skills. You might surprise yourself!
You May Also Like To Read:
Cast Iron Skillet Baked Spaghetti *Gluten Free*
- 12 oz box Barilla Gluten Free Spaghetti
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1/3 Cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 3 Cups Milk
- 2 Cups Shredded Italian Cheese
- 1/3 Cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 8 oz Smoked Sausage sliced
- Gluten Free French Bread optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook Barilla Gluten Free Spaghetti according to the box.
- While the pasta is cooking, saute diced smoked sausage in cast iron dutch oven until it gets caramelized. Remove from dutch oven and set aside.
- Melt butter in dutch oven.
- Stir in flour, salt, 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning, pepper, and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat while stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in milk and heat to a boil while stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Stir in cheeses.
- Fold in Barilla Gluten Free Spaghetti and sausage.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with Gluten Free French Bread.
You May Also Like these Cast Iron Skillet Recipes: