Cast Iron White Chicken Chili Recipe- Perfect for Winter Months
As the months get cooler, it’s time to start cooking soups, chili, and anything to warm up your body. This White Chicken Chili is sure to do just that! This quick and easy Cast Iron White Chicken Chili recipe is perfect for those cold winter months. This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. All opinions are my own.
Using my cast iron skillet, and Kroger brand corn, beans, chicken broth, green chilies, an onion, and some seasonings, I filled my home with the sweet aroma of spices and herbs just like my grandma used to do. Prep time is only 10-minutes and cook time only 20-minutes which means you can have a delicious, hearty, body warming meal on the table in just 30 minutes! This recipe feeds 6 which means you can double it for an army.
What are you waiting for? Get your ingredients, your cast iron skillet, and start prepping for a delectable dinner that will have the whole family asking for more! Here’s what you need and how to make it:
2 12.5oz cans of chicken breast *drained*
1 15.25oz can corn *drained*
2 14oz cans chicken broth
2 15.5oz cans Great Northern Beans *drained and rinsed*
2 4oz cans green chilis
1 yellow onion *diced*
2 cloves garlic *minced*
Handful of fresh cilantro *chopped*
1/2 tsp black pepper
3/4 tsp oregano
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
4oz cream cheese *softened*
1/4 cup half and half
Pepper Jack Cheese
Pour chicken, corn, broth, beans, green chilis, garlic, onion, and cilantro into cast iron dutch oven. Season with black pepper, oregano, cumin, and chili powder.
Bring to a boil. Add cream cheese and half and half. Continue to boil until cream cheese is dissolved.
Mix a small amount of cornstarch with cold water and stir into pot. Stir and boil until desired thickness.
Garnish and Serve!
Quick Cast Iron White Chicken Chili
- 2 12.5 oz cans of chicken breast drained
- 1 15.25 oz can corn drained
- 2 14 oz cans chicken broth
- 2 15.5 oz cans Great Northern Beans drained and rinsed
- 2 4 oz cans green chilis
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Handful of fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup half and half
- Fresh Jalapeno
- Sour Cream
- Tortilla Strips
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Flour Tortillas
- Pour chicken, corn, broth, beans, green chilis, garlic, onion, and cilantro into cast iron dutch oven.
- Season with black pepper, oregano, cumin, and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add cream cheese and half and half.
- Continue to boil until cream cheese is dissolved.
- Mix a small amount of cornstarch with cold water and stir into pot.
- Stir and boil until desired thickness.
- Garnish and Serve!
You May Also Like These Cast Iron Recipes:
- Gluten Free Cast Iron Skillet Baked Spaghetti Recipe.
What is your favorite winter comfort food? Share your love in the comments below!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.