Thanksgiving puns are an excellent way to celebrate the upcoming holiday. They are short and snappy wordplay jokes that you can use to entertain family and friends during the upcoming Turkey Day.
These zingy Thanksgiving jokes and one-liners are a great way to pass the time in the car on your way to your relatives’ house. But these spicy lines can also be great to use on your partner or significant other when dinner is over, and it’s time to head home or for picking up someone’s spirits while you’re celebrating Friendsgiving.
Either way, they can also keep you, your family, and friends entertained for hours over the holiday. However, some of these puns may be more in the dad-joke category. So, you might be subjected to them, even if it wasn’t how you wanted to spend your holiday, but at least you can be prepared to stifle that groan.
And no matter how much you have to be grateful for, every holiday could use some spicing up. If you can’t use the puns yourself, you can at least be grateful when time spent with your family for the holiday is over, and you don’t have to listen to other family members tell Thanksgiving puns like the ones that follow.
But if you’re looking for something to do between dinner and the food coma that follows courtesy of that turkey sedative tryptophan, check out some of our favorite Thanksgiving puns below. After all, you may be there for several hours and need to do something besides eating.
80 Best Thanksgiving Puns for a Feast of Laughter
Thanksgiving Turkey Puns
- What position do turkeys play? First baste
- If a turkey was in the band, it’d play the drumsticks
- Turkey deeds, done dirt cheap
- You’re the belle of the butterball
- Getting the longer part of the wishbone is a snap
- “Hey, I just met you, and this gravy, but here’s my stuffing, so carve me maybe.”
- Thyme flies when you’re cooking a whole turkey for Thanksgiving
- There was no fowl play involved in the carving of this turkey
- Why don’t turkeys like hearing jokes? They always get roasted
- How did the turkey escape Thanksgiving alive? They stay ahead of the carve
- Why don’t turkeys eat on Thanksgiving? They’re stuffed
- Which side of the turkey has the most feathers? The outside
Funny Puns About Thanksgiving
- What did the ocean say to the pilgrims? Nothing, it just waved
- What does a pilgrim call his friends? Pal-grims
- To feast or not to feast, that is the question
- Will I eat leftovers for a week? I cran and I will
- Wine not have another glass?
- Let’s get basted!
- If you give the turkey coffee, it’ll be perky
- Who’s ready to get sauced?
- That’s plucking delicious
- Thanksgiving is the only holiday where you eat the mascot
- You’ve foiled my plans for taking home leftovers
- What’s the Thanksgiving version of Netflix and chill? Football and nap
- What did the impatient turkey say to the shoemaker? Cobble, cobble
Food Puns About Thanksgiving
- Silence of the yams
- Why did the cranberry turn red? Because it saw the turkey dressing
- Much ado about stuffing
- Bread-y or not, here I crumb!
- A star is corn
- Pumpkin’s gotta give
- It’s everything or stuffing
- Nobody puts gravy in the corner
- I yam what I yam
- Eat, drink and cranberry
- I’ve got stuffing to lose
- Last but not feast
- I was corn this way
- How is cornbread like the army? They both have lots of kernels
- What vegetable can tie your shoes? String beans
- There’s pumpkin about the way you look tonight
Thanksgiving Pun Jokes
- Abs are great, but have you heard about pumpkin pie?
- Don’t make Thanksgiving a cluster-pluck
- When it comes to baking the dinner rolls, I take the path of yeast resistance
- What do sweet potatoes wear to bed? Yammies
- Do you know where you can get turkey stock in bulk? The stock market
- Why are turkeys good at rebelling? They love a coup
- What is a pumpkin’s favorite sport? Squash
- What is it called when a turkey fumbles in football? A fowl play
- If pilgrims traveled on the Mayflower, what do students travel on? Scholar ships
- What would you get if you crossed a turkey with an octopus? Enough drumsticks for everyone
- Why did the turkey cross the road twice? To prove he wasn’t chicken
- How does Thanksgiving always end? With a “G”
- How are Thanksgiving and Halloween alike? They both have gobble-ins
- What do pilgrims use to bake cookies? May-flour
- What happened to the turkey when he got into a fight? He got the stuffing knocked out of him
- What would happen if you combined Thanksgiving and Easter? Feaster Sunday
- What do you get after eating too much turkey, stuffing, and sides on Thanksgiving? Dessert, of course
Thanksgiving Dessert Puns
- I pecan’t even
- Get rich or pie trying
- Whip, whip, hooray!
- I like big bundts, and I cannot lie
- Don’t pie over spilled milk
- You bake the world a better place
- You want a piece of me?
- What is the best thing to put in a pumpkin pie? Your teeth
- What did the key lime pie say to the pecan pie? You’re nuts
- Who led all the apples to the bakery? The pie piper
Dirty Puns About Thanksgiving
- This dinner isn’t the only thing that will make you want to take off your pants
- Want to candy my yams?
- Glad I brought out the oven mitts because you’re too hot to handle
- Let me give you another reason to feel thankful this year
- Wow, that’s one fantastic spread
- I’d rather have you butter my biscuits
- You make my turkey timer pop
- You can mash my potatoes anytime
- I’ve got something for you to gobble
- I’m ready to shuck your corn
- Leave the pie. I have better uses for the whipped cream
- I need something big for my centerpiece