Looking for some unique cookies to celebrate a summer-themed or mermaid-themed birthday party? Or what about just a super simple recipe to create with your little one? However you want to make these Mermaid Sugar Cookies is up to you, just make certain that you give them a try!
Making sugar cookies is a family favorite activity that provides so many fun options. Sugar cookies are truly like a blank canvas that one can create and use as an edible way to draw designs, add fun colors, or mold to create unique shapes based on anything that the mind can envision. And let’s be real…sugar cookies are not only fun to look at, they are also super delicious to eat. Is it possible to eat a bad sugar cookie? My answer is no. Take your tastes to another level with these fun Mermaid Sugar Cookies!
The ease of making and baking them is top-notch. You literally only need five (yes, five!) ingredients. Talk about a breeze, right? Even before they are baked, you get to decorate them with fun colored sugars. The recipe calls for greens, purples, and yellows but honestly, you can choose any color that you want. Whatever colors scream “mermaid” to you are the colors that you should use!
Directions To Make Mermaid Sugar Cookies:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour the colored sugars onto a plate.
2. Combine the white cake mix, 2 eggs, vegetable oil and flour. Mix well and scoop the cookie dough into 2″ balls. Dip the cookie balls into each colored sugared and place 2-3″ a part on the baking sheet.
3. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Mermaid Sugar Cookies
Servings 2 dozen
- 1 box of white cake mix any brand
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C. vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 3 different colored sugars: purple green and blue
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour the colored sugars onto a plate
- Combine the white cake mix, 2 eggs, vegetable oil and flour. Mix well and scoop the cookie dough into 2" balls.
- Dip the cookie balls into each colored sugared and place 2-3" a part on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Pin this Mermaid Sugar Cookie recipe for later: