Calling all superheroes! And if you aren’t a superhero exactly…maybe you fall into the category of more of a superhero fan. In celebration of the new Marvel Studios’ AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR coming out April 27th, I have a recipe for these awesome Captain America Cupcakes. And with this recipe? The sky is the limit on where you can make and take these! Looking for an awesome addition to that Marvel-themed birthday? These are sure to steal the show. What about a watch-party for a fun super-hero themed binge movie night? Look no further than these perfect cupcakes as the much-needed addition. Not only are they super simple to make, but literally everything that you need to take them to that next level of superhero status can be found on Amazon. The ability to make the best cupcakes ever without having to leave your home for those awesome additions? Consider me convinced. Don’t take my word for it alone!
How To Make The Captain America Cupcakes
How To Prepare the Fondant
Whip up a batch of these awesome Captain America cupcakes that are sure to be the superhero star of any event. And who knows, you may discover that your superpower is that you can make some super delicious cupcakes!
Captain America Cupcakes – Celebrate Red, White, and Blue
- 1/2 C. butter softened to room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 C. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 C. milk
- 1 1/2 C. flour
- White cupcake liners
- Patriotic cupcake liners optional
- Red White and Blue fondant
- 2.75 " cookie/biscuit cutter
- 2.25 " cookie/biscuit cutter
- 2 " cookie/biscuit cutter
- 1.5 " cookie/biscuit cutter
- Mini star cookie cutter
- Rolling pin
- Powdered sugar
- White frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 count muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Combine the 1/2 cup softened butter, 2 eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, baking powder and milk, mixing well.
- Bake the cupcakes for 18-20 minutes. Around 18 minutes, insert a toothpick into the cupcakes and if it comes out clean the cupcakes are done.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let cool completely.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, gently roll out the red fondant to about 1/8" thick. If the fondant starts to get sticky, use a little bit of powdered on the rolling pin and rolling surface.
- Use the largest 2.75" cookie cutter to cut out the red fondant.
- Frost the top of the cupcake and place the large red fondant circle on top.
- Next, roll out the white fondant and use the 2.25" cookie cutter.
- Apply a small amount of frosting on the back of the white fondant and stack on top of the red.
- Next, use the 2" cookie cutter on the red fondant, apply frosting to the back of the circle and stack on top of the white fondant circle.
- Next, roll out the blue fondant and use the smallest 1.5" cookie cutter to cut a blue fondant circle.
- Apply a small amount of frosting to the back of the blue fondant and stack on top of the other colors.
- Lastly, use the small star cookie cutter to cut out a white fondant star and stack on top of the cupcake.
- Repeat with all cupcakes.