The BEST Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes Recipe You’ll Ever Find
As much as I love traditional potatoes, I had to break out of my starch eating shell for a minute. I needed something healthy (should I say healthier) to feed myself and my growing girls. With ya’ll knowing my relationship with my Instant Pot, I wanted to try to make them in there to see how they turned out. You guys, these Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes are divine.
It’s crazy to me how you can have dinner ready to go in such a short period of time. I love it! I don’t have to put too much thought into dinner. My Instant Pot has been one of the best investments I’ve made for my family and kitchen. When ya’ll try these sweet potatoes for the first time, you will instantly want to make them again.
They are easy to prepare – just wash and don’t bother poking because you won’t need to!
Then just add your water and let your Instant Pot do the rest. It’s such a time saver.
- 4-6 sweet potatoes washed
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Place trivet into the Instant Pot. Add 2 cups of water to the pot. Place washed sweet potatoes in the pot. No need to poke holes in them. Place the lid on the pot and close the pressure release.
- Set the Instant Pot to Steam, high pressure, for 15 minutes. When cooking is complete, release the steam using the quick release function. Open the lid and remove the sweet potatoes with tongs.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together. Serve sweet potatoes with butter and cinnamon sugar.
- My sweet potatoes cracked open in the instant pot and the skin peels off very easily, but I like to serve mine in the skin, so I pinch the ends to break apart the potato a bit and then add toppings before serving. You can also scrape out the sweet potato into a serving dish.
If you want to get creative, try switching up your toppings! The possibilities are endless.
Pin For Later:
You may also like this Instant Pot Meatloaf Recipe: