Homemade Instant Pot Biscuits and Gravy – Southern Breakfast Tradition
Growing up, every breakfast meal included Homemade Biscuits and Gravy! I have made basic biscuit and gravy for years, but this time I decided to switch things up a bit. With my Instant Pot in mind, I have created an Instant Pot Biscuits and Gravy recipe that is delicious and easy to make. You know when you make these and the whole dish disappears, then it was a good one. My girls couldn’t get enough of this recipe and you know my husband was on board too. Save time and create this classic homemade Southern-style breakfast tradition using your Instant Pot. This Instant Pot Biscuits and Gravy recipe is a hearty breakfast for a cold Winter morning.
Ingredients for Homemade Biscuits:
(this recipe can easily be doubled)
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons butter
Ingredients for Instant Pot Sausage Gravy:
Directions on how to make Homemade Biscuits:
You will first start out by preheating the oven to 450 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, for your biscuits.
In a small bowl add flour and butter.
Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until it’s blended well. Pour in milk and stir well.
Drop dough onto a floured surface and knead 5-6 times until no longer sticky. Press into a 1/2″ rectangle and cut with a 2.5″ biscuit cutter.
Place biscuits on prepared baking sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes or until brown.
After the biscuits are baked, use the Instant Pot to create the gravy.
Directions on how to make Sausage Gravy in the Instant Pot:
Set to low pressure for two minutes. When done, release the pressure and stir gravy. Serve with biscuits sliced in half.
The delicious taste of the homemade gravy, mixed with soft buttery biscuits, food doesn’t get much better than that. Grab this Instant Pot Biscuits and Gravy Recipe and go to town with it.I love this recipe for a cold morning!
Easy Instant Pot Biscuits & Gravy
- 1` cup self rising flour
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 4 tsp butter
- 1 lb sausage
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl add flour and butter. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until it's blended well. Pour in milk and stir well.
- Drop dough onto a floured surface and knead 5-6 times until no longer sticky. Press into a 1/2" rectangle and cut with a 2.5" biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits on prepared baking sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes or until brown. Set aside.
- Turn the instant pot on to sautee and add your sausage. Cook until browned.
- Add salt and pepper and mix well to season sausage.
- Pour in milk and sprinkle flour on mixture. Mix well.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and seal. Close the vent.
- Set to manual, low pressure for 2 minutes.
- When done, release the pressure and stir gravy.
- Serve with biscuits sliced in half.
You may also like these Instant pot recipes:
As much as I love traditional potatoes, I had to break out of my starch eating shell for a minute. I needed something healthy (should I say healthier) to feed myself and my growing girls. You guys, these Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes are divine.
This Instant Pot Meatloaf uses extra lean ground beef since you cannot drain grease in an Instant Pot. This dish is from scratch ya’ll and it tastes exactly like it. I share step by step directions on how to make it and I promise you’ll love it. All you need are a few ingredients to make this delicious recipe!
One word I would use to describe this dish is delectable. Your family will gobble it right up. We’re southerners, so you know we fancy a big plate of cobbler. However, Peach Cobbler from the Instant Pot is a hit.
If you’re a true southerner, then you know the place Potato Salad has at our dinner table. However, if you’re a mom, you know how long it can take to make. This is the perfect side dish for parties this summer. Anytime you have Instant Pot Potato Salad on the menu, you can consider it a party.