Are you ready for something incredibly cute for St. Patrick’s Day? This DIY St. Patrick’s Day Banner and Homemade Bunting is super easy to make. It doesn’t take many supplies to make this craft, but it’s a whole lot of fun.
I feel as though St. Patty’s Day is one of those holidays that gets left out. It deserves a little attention too. I love decorating with homemade buntings. After the holiday is over, I put it away, just like any other decoration and whip it out the next time. Making your own is a great way to save money and have a little fun at the same time.
Put this bunting above your fireplace or on an empty wall. Hang it up now, so that you can enjoy it for the next couple of weeks. I have at least one homemade bunting for every holiday.
Materials Needed For DIY St. Patricks Day Bunting:
Scrap Cardboard (cereal boxes, soda can boxes, etc)
- White Card Stock
- Paper Trimmer
- Green Variegated Yarn
- Shamrock Cookie Cutter
- Jute Twine
St. Patrick’s Day Bunting Step by Step Tutorial:
- Cut 5 pieces of cardboard so it measures 4″ x 5″. Wrap yarn around each piece of card board. Start by wrapping 5-6 rows and then overlapping them to create two layers.
- Continue wrapping, keeping yarn about 1/2″ from each end of the cardboard. Try your hardest to keep the cardboard flat. Do your best. The cardboard will most likely bubble and that’s fine.
- Cut 5 pieces of white card stock to 5″ x 7″. Measure and mark the center along the 5″ side and measure 1.5″ from the end of the 7″ side.
- Draw lines and cut a triangle at the center with scissors.
- Place a shamrock cookie cutter on the card stock and trace it with a pencil.Cut out the pattern with scissors.
- Place hot glue around the shamrock and attach it to the front of the yarn.
- Measure your space to hang your bunting and cut a piece of jute twine. Slip knot each end.
- Attach the bunting with hot glue to the jute twine and hang as desired.
Pin for later: