Brother and sister quotes are sayings that you can put in a card or text to a sibling on the days when you may not be getting along.
While growing up with a brother or sister may not be fun when you are young, once you are older, they are some of your best friends that are always there for you. Using one of these quotes can help you through a tough time with your sibling and remind you why you work so hard to keep your bond strong.
Why is a Sibling Bond So Strong?
The bond between siblings is so strong because they often grow up together and are each other’s first friends in life. They are there for each other, even through tough times.
When other friends fade away, such as during a move or a change in the family, siblings are always there. As a result, siblings share many of the same experiences and a strong bond is created between them.
Siblings often feel that there are things they can talk about amongst themselves that other people wouldn’t understand.
Benefits of Quotes for Siblings
- Quotes can help keep your mindset positive during tough times.
- Siblings don’t always get along and quotes can remind you of how important they are to you.
- Adding a sibling quote to a card can help tell your sibling that you care.
- Sometimes you may not have the words to tell your sibling how you feel about them, and a quote can help.
- Quotes can help you and your siblings reach an understanding.
80 Best Brother and Sister Quotes
Big Brother Quotes from a Little Sister
There is nothing quite like the big brother and little sister relationship. While a big brother can be annoying and overprotective, in the end, the little sister loves him no matter what.
Pencil these quotes on an appreciation card for your older brother.
- “For there is no friend like a sister, In calm or stormy weather; To cheer one on the tedious way, To fetch one if one goes astray, To lift one if one totters down, To strengthen whilst one stands.” — Christina Rossetti
- “The best advice my mother ever gave me: ‘Be nice to your sister. Your friends will come and go, but you will always have your sister. And I promise that someday she will be your best friend.” — Unknown
- “It is impossible to keep a small boy in the house, even in the worst weather, unless he has a sister to torment.”—Mary Wilson Little
- “I smile because you’re my brother and I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it.” — Unknown
- “The best thing about having four big brothers is you always have someone to do something for you.” — Chloe Moretz
- “The highlight of my childhood was making my brother laugh so hard that food came out of his nose.” – Garrison Keillor
- “That’s the function of big brothers – to help their little sisters when their worlds are collapsing.”—Susan Beth Pfeffer
- “A brother is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit.” — Unknown
- “Brothers are playmates in the beginning and best friends for life.” — Unknown
- “My brother has the best sister in the world.” – Unknown
Big Sister and Little Brother Quotes
Not everyone has a big brother, so when you have a big sister, you may want to grab a quote that is a little bit more specific to your situation.
- “A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life.” – Isadora James
- “Sister is our first friend and second mother.” — Sunny Gupta
- “What are sisters for if not to point out the things the rest of the world is too polite to mention.” — Claire Cook
- “She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she’s the reason you wish you were an only child.” — Barbara Alpert
- “In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips.” — Unknown
- “Friends grow up and move away. But the one thing that’s never lost is your sister.” — Gail Sheeny
- “As your brother, I always know that you my sister look out for me. And as your younger brother I also know you will always be older than me.”—Theodore W. Higginsworth
- “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.” – Amy Li
- “After a girl is grown, her little brothers – now her protectors – seem like big brothers.” – Terri Guillemets
- “You can kid the world, but not your sister.” — Charlotte Gray
Brother and Sister Love Quotes
Although you may quarrel and fight, you will always love your siblings and these quotes help you to express just that.
- “There’s no other love like the love for a brother. There’s no other love like the love from a brother.” — Unknown
- “Once a brother, always a brother, no matter the distance, no matter the difference and no matter the issue.” — Byron Pulsifer
- “To have a loving relationship with a sister is not simply to have a buddy or a confidante. It is to have a soulmate for life.” — Victoria Secunda
- “A friend forgives quicker than an enemy, and family forgives quicker than a friend.” – Amit Kalantri
- “What brothers say to tease their sisters has nothing to do with what they really think of them.” –Esther Friesner
- “Sisters and brothers just happen, we don’t get to choose them, but they become one of our most cherish relationships.” ― Wes Adamson
- “If you have a brother or sister, tell them you love them every day – that’s the most beautiful thing. I told my sister how much I loved her every day. That’s the only reason I’m OK right now.” – Amaury Nolasco
- “I’ve known every love possible, but as the years stretched out, the love I longed for the most is the one I shared with my sister.” — Josephine Angelini
- “Growing up, I had a very normal relationship with my brother and sister. But, over time, they became my best friends, and now I hang out with them all the time. I’m very close to them.” – Logan Lerman
Brother and Sister Tattoo Quotes
Getting a tattoo that has a brother and sister quote can help show the world how you feel about your siblings. They can also help you remember a sibling that has passed on.
- “We came into the world like brother and brother; And now let’s go hand in hand, not before one another.” — William Shakespeare
- “Siblings by chance, friends by choice.” — Unknown
- “Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk.” – Susan Scarf Merrell
- “Happiness is a cup of tea and a chat with your sister.” — Unknown
- “When brothers agree, no fortress is so strong as their common life.” — Antisthenes
- “A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a difficult time.” — Proverbs 17:17
- “Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow.” — Benjamin Disraeli
- “There is a destiny which makes us brothers; none goes his way alone. All that we send into the lives of others comes back into our own.” – Edwin Markham
- “When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder, who stands a chance against us?” – Pam Brown
- “Brother and sister, together as friends, ready to face whatever life sends. Joy and laughter or tears and strife, holding hands tightly as we dance through life.” – Suzie Huitt
- “You may be as different as the sun and the moon, but the same blood flows through both your hearts. You need her, as she needs you.” – George R.R. Martin
Brother and Sister Funny Quotes
Your relationship with your brother or sister isn’t serious all the time. These quotes can help you to get in a good laugh when you need one.
- “A sister is both your mirror and your opposite.” — Elizabeth Fishel
- “Big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life.” — Charles M. Schulz
- “We acquire friends and we make enemies, but our sisters come with the territory.” — Evelyn Loeb
- “It is the brothers and sisters who teach one another the lifelong lessons of getting along – or not.”—Jane Isay, Mom Still Likes You Best
- “You and I are brother and sister forever. Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up. As soon as I finish laughing.” – Unknown
- “Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero.” — Marc Brown
- “What strange creatures brothers are!” — Jane Austen
- “The family. We are a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another’s desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together.” – Erma Bombeck
- “Everyone knows that if you’ve got a brother, you’re going to fight.” — Liam Gallagher
- “When I say I won’t tell anyone, my sister doesn’t count. ” — Unknown
- “Half the time when brothers wrestle, it’s just an excuse to hug each other.” — James Patterson
- “If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she’s wearing your best sweater.” – Pam Brown
- “A sister is everything you wish you could be and everything you wish you weren’t.” — M. Molly Backes
- “Siblings that say they never fight are most definitely hiding something.” — Lemony Snicket
- “My sister and I are so close that we finish each other’s sentences and often wonder whose memories belong to whom.” – Shannon Celebi
Quotes About the Brother and Sister Relationship
It’s difficult to find one quote that sums up how annoying your sibling is but how much you love them as well. These quotes about brothers and sisters show both sides of this unique relationship.
- “Brothers and sisters can provide the most encouragement and support when life’s trials get us down. Talk to them!” Catherine Pulsifer
- “Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet.” — Proverb
- “It’s strange how sisters can be saviors or strangers and sometimes a bit of both.” — Amanda Lovelace
- “We can drop or change our friends and our partners, but we cannot fully discard, relationally or psychologically, a brother or sister.”—Geoffrey Greif
- “The bond that binds us is beyond choice. We are brothers. We are brothers in what we share.” — Ursula K. Le Guin
- “Sisters don’t need words. They have perfected their own secret language of smiles, sniffs, sighs, gasps, winks, and eye rolls.” — Unknown
- “Do you know what friendship is… it is to be brother and sister; two souls which touch without mingling, two fingers on one hand.” –Victor Hugo
- “A sibling is the lens through which you see your childhood.” — Ann Hood
- “Our brothers and sisters are with us for the whole journey.”—Katherine Conger
- “Our brothers and sisters bring us face to face with our former selves and remind us how intricately bound up we are in each other’s lives.” –Jane Mersky Leder
- “If you have a brother or sister, tell them you love them every day — that’s the most beautiful thing.” — Amaury Nolasco
- “Siblings are branches of a tree some stay close some go in different directions they fruit, grow bigger till they die and fall.” – The Omani Shed
- “No matter what your age difference, your brothers and sisters could become your best friends and will always be there for you.” –TD Styles, Be a Good Brother and Sister in 30 Minutes
- “What sets sisters apart from brothers and also from friends is a very intimate meshing of heart, soul and the mystical cords of memory.” –Carol Saline
- “Sisters and brothers are the truest, purest forms of love, family and friendship, knowing when to hold you and when to challenge you, but always being a part of you.” –Carol Ann Albright Eastman
- “Sisters annoy, interfere, criticize. Indulge in monumental sulks, in huffs, in snide remarks. Borrow. Break. Monopolize the bathroom. Are always underfoot. But if catastrophe should strike, sisters are there. Defending you against all comers.” – Pam Brown
- “Your parents leave you too soon and your kids and spouse come along late, but your siblings know you when you are in your most inchoate form.” – Jeffrey Kluger
- “We didn’t even realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring quite often the hard way.” — Pamela Dugdale
- “Brothers aren’t simply close; brothers are knit together.” — Robert Rivers
- “A sibling may be the keeper of one’s identity, the only person with the keys to one’s unfettered, more fundamental self.” — Marian Sandmaier
- “If you want to do really important things in life and big things in life, you can’t do anything by yourself. And your best teams are your friends and your siblings.” — Deepak Chopra
- “To the outside world, we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other’s hearts. We’ve shared private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time.” – Clara Ortega
- “We know one another’s faults, virtues, catastrophes, mortifications, triumphs, rivalries, desires, and how long we can each hang by our hands to a bar. We’ve been banded together under pack codes and tribal laws.” – Rose Macaulay
- “Sisters are like cats. They claw each other all the time but still snuggle up and daydream together.” — Unknown