Birthday quotes are funny or interesting sayings about the day someone was born. Having a few birthday quotes on hand can be helpful for filling out cards, making unique gifts, or making a special social media post.
How to Use Birthday Quotes
Making someone feel special on their day of birth doesn’t have to be a process and having a few quotes on hand can make celebrating them a breeze.
1. Birthday Cards
It’s common to give someone a card on their birthday, but it can be a challenge to know what to say. So, having a few birthday quotes on hand can help you to fill out cards quickly and easily.
2. Social Media Posts
While some people still love a good card, the younger generation has shifted to preferring social media posts. Birthday quotes can be added to an image, story, or reel to make a beautiful gift.
3. Personalized Gifts
It can be hard to shop for someone for their birthday, and a cute birthday quote can help you make a personalized gift. Whether it’s a poster, personalized mug, or something for their home, birthday quotes can help you to make their gift extra special.
If you are headed out for a birthday, a good quote can be used for a birthday toast or cheer to make your friend smile on their special day.
Best Ways to Convey Your Gratitude in Birthday Quotes
- If the quote allows for personalization, switch out the name for that of your friend or family.
- Plan in advance what birthday quotes you will use and take time to memorize them.
- Add birthday quotes to whatever gift you plan to give your friend or family member.
- Verbally tell your friend or family member the birthday quote to help make their day.
- If you are celebrating with a large group, ensure all in the group have a quote or a part of a larger quote to say.
Benefits of Birthday Quotes
- You’ll never be at a loss for words when it is someone’s birthday.
- Birthday quotes give you something more unique to say beyond the basic ‘happy birthday.’
- You won’t struggle next time you have to fill out a birthday card.
- Birthday quotes can help bring inspiration to someone who maybe wasn’t looking forward to their birthday.
- Birthday quotes can be considered a gift if you don’t have a physical gift to give.
85 Best Birthday Quotes to Keep on Hand for the Next Birthday Celebration
Happy Birthday Quotes
- “A birthday is like a new year and my wish for you, is a great year full of happiness and sunshine!” — Catherine Pulsifer
- “There are two great days in a person’s life—the day we are born and the day we discover why.” — William Barclay
- “Cherish all your happy moments; they make a fine cushion for old age.” — Booth Tarkington
- “Whatever with the past has gone, the best is always yet to come.” — Lucy Larcom
- “The older you get the better you get, unless you are a banana.” – Betty White
- “You take away all the other luxuries in life, and if you can make someone smile and laugh, you have given the most special gift: happiness.” – Brad Garrett
- “And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” — Abraham Lincoln
- “I like birthday cake. It’s so symbolic. It’s a tempting symbol to load with something more complicated than just ‘Happy birthday!’ because it’s this emblem of childhood and a happy day.” — Aimee Bender
- “To me a birthday means celebrating the presence of an individual in our lives.” – Meena Bajaj
- “Celebrate your journey of life.” — Lailah Gifty Akita
- “A birthday is just another day where you go to work and people give you love. Age is just a state of mind, and you are as old as you think you are. You have to count your blessings and be happy.” — Abhishek Bachchan
Happy Birthday Mom Quotes
- “A birthday is not a day to fear. It is a day to celebrate and look forward to the coming year.” —Byron Pulsifer
- “The way I see it, you should live every day like it’s your birthday.” — Paris Hilton
- “Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it don’t matter.” — Satchel Paige
- “You’re older today than yesterday but younger than tomorrow, happy birthday!”—Unknown
- “Every age can be enchanting, provided you live within it.” — Brigitte Bardot
- “Today you have added another candle of knowledge and wisdom to your life. May it give you the power to enlighten the whole world. On your birthday, I wish you joy and happiness.” – Debasish Mridha
- “A child whose birthday is coming up is so excited, they count down the days. But as we get older we seem to lose the excitement. We need to rethink and be happy we have reached another birthday.” — Theodore W. Higginsworth
- “We grow neither better nor worse as we get old, but more like ourselves.” — Bernard Baruch
- “Don’t regret another birthday, the good news is that you are alive and can celebrate it.” – Catherine Pulsifer
Best Friend Birthday Quotes
- “A birth-date is a reminder to celebrate the life as well as to update the life.” — Amit Kalantri
- “If we could be twice young and twice old we could correct all our mistakes.” – Euripides
- “Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wings of time.” – Jean Paul Richter
- “Each new year of life added to your past, changing the way you viewed every new day, influencing how you reacted to everything from the simplest daily routines to complex events touching you, your family, and the world you lived in.” — Paul Snyder
- “There is still no cure for the common birthday.” — John Glenn
- “My policy on cake is pro having it and pro eating it.” – Boris Johnson
- “Life is too short to be small.” — Benjamin Disraeli
- “Happy birthday! May your Facebook wall be filled with messages from people you never talk to.”—Unknown
- “When the candles on your cake burn down before they are all lit you know you are getting up there.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.” — Cora Harvey Armstrong
- “Middle age is when you still believe you’ll feel better in the morning.” — Bob Hope
- “You know you’re getting old when you get that one candle on the cake. It’s like, ‘See if you can blow this out.’” — Jerry Seinfeld
Funny Birthday Quotes
- “As you get older, three things happen: The first is your memory goes, and I can’t remember the other two.” — Norman Wisdom
- “Old age is like a plane flying through a storm. Once you are aboard, there is nothing you can do about it.” — Golda Meir
- “Forget about the past, you can’t change it. Forget about the future, you can’t predict it. And forget about the present, I didn’t get you one. Happy birthday!”—Unknown
- “Life is a moderately good play with a badly written third act.” – Truman Capote
- “Put candles in a cake, it’s a birthday cake. Put candles in a pie, and somebody’s drunk in the kitchen.” – Jim Gaffigan
- “Nice to be here? At my age, it’s nice to be anywhere.” – George Burns
- “Why is a birthday cake the only food you can blow on and spit on and everybody rushes to get a piece?” – Bobby Kelton
- “Middle age is when your classmates are so gray and wrinkled and bald they don’t recognize you.” — Bennett Cerf
- “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.” – Groucho Marx
- “Life really does begin at forty. Up until then, you are just doing research.” — Carl Gustav Jung
- “Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to eat more cake.” — Edward Morykwas
- “Today is the oldest you have been, and the youngest you will ever be. Make the most of it!” – Nicky Gumbel
- “You know you’re getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.” — Bob Hope
- “To me, old age is always 15 years older than I am.” — Bernard Baruch
- “You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred.” — Woody Allen
- “Wisdom doesn’t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.” – Tom Wilson
- “The old believe everything; the middle-aged suspect everything; the young know everything.” — Oscar Wilde
- “Everything I know I learned after I was 30.” — Georges Clemenceau
- “Birthdays are a great time to stop and appreciate gravity. Sure, it makes things sag as you get older, but it also keeps your cake from flying all over the room, so you don’t have to chase it.” – Greg Tamblyn
- “Like many women my age, I am 28 years old.” — Mary Schmich
Birthday Quotes for Son
- “You were born an original. Don’t die a copy.” — John Mason
- “The first hundred years are the hardest.” — Wilson Mizner
- “We are always the same age inside.” – Gertrude Stein
- “When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.” — Cherokee proverb
- “Most of us can remember a time when a birthday – especially if it was one’s own – brightened the world as if a second sun has risen.” — Robert Staughton Lynd
- “Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!” — Dr. Seuss
- “Youth has no age.” — Pablo Picasso
Birthday Quotes for Daughter
- “From birth to age eighteen, a girl needs good parents. From eighteen to thirty-five, she needs good looks. From thirty-five to fifty-five, she needs a good personality. From fifty-five on, she needs good cash.” – Sophie Tucker
- “The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.” — Lucille Ball
- “You don’t get older, you get better.” — Shirley Bassey
- “Every birthday is a gift. Every day is a gift.” — Aretha Franklin
- “Today you are another year older, and we know how fast time flies as we get older, therefore, live each day and be happy!” – Kate Summers
- “Be happy! Today is the day you were brought into this world to be a blessing and inspiration to the people around you! You are a wonderful person! May you be given more birthdays to fulfill all of your dreams!”—Unknown
- “The great thing about getting older is that you don’t lose all the other ages you’ve been.” — Madeleine L’Engle
- “You were born and with you endless possibilities, very few ever to be realized. It’s okay. Life was never about what you could do, but what you would do.” — Richelle E. Goodrich
- “To my surprise, my 70s are nicer than my 60s and my 60s than my 50s, and I wouldn’t wish my teens and 20s on my enemies.” — Lionel Blue
Quotes for a Husband’s Birthday
- “Just remember, once you’re over the hill you begin to pick up speed.” — Charles Schulz
- “One of the shocks of a 50th birthday is realizing the fundamental fact that your youth is irrevocably over.” — Marianne Williamson
- “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” — George Bernard Shaw
- “Old age deprives the intelligent man only of qualities useless to wisdom.” – Joseph Joubert
- “No wise man ever wished to be younger.” — Jonathan Swift
- “May you receive many gifts, and may your day be joyous, and best of all may you be surrounded by family and friends. May all you wish for come true.” — Theodore W. Higginsworth
- “Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs.” — John Glenn
- “Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life.” – Kitty Collins
- “Cheers on your birthday. One step closer to adult underpants.”—Unknown
Inspirational Birthday Quotes
- “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” — John Lennon
- “My life is better with every year of living it.” — Rachel Maddow
- “Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you’ve got to start young.” — Fred Astaire
- “Your birthday is the beginning of your own personal new year. Your first birthday was a beginning, and each new birthday is a chance to begin again, to start over, to take a new grip on life.” — Wilfred Peterson
- “We turn not older with years, but newer every day.” – Emily Dickinson
- “Your age isn’t you. Use today to feel your best, celebrate and be your very happiest.” — M. Rivers
- “Because time itself is like a spiral, something special happens on your birthday each year: The same energy that God invested in you at birth is present once again.” — Menachem Mendel Schneerson
- “To keep the heart unwrinkled, to be hopeful, kindly, cheerful, reverent – that is to triumph over old age.” — Thomas Bailey Aldrich