Trolls Birthday Themed Ideas: DreamWorks Movie Inspired Candy Bark Recipe
I got the pleasure of recently watching the movie Trolls. If you’ve haven’t seen it yet, you need to! I was provided complimentary tickets in exchange for this review but as always my opinions are my own. The entire movie is bright and cheerful. There are many funny and memorable moments and the characters are all very relatable. I enjoyed that the humor was not only great for kids but also adults in an appropriate way. We left the theater knowing that Trolls was arguably one of our favorite movies of the year. Outside the whimsical setting of the movie, Trolls leaves you with more than one lesson. One, stay cheerful and positive no matter the circumstances and two, love who you are. Life can be tough and no doubt, hard times will come, but keeping the best attitude possible will make it feel not so bad. Plus, we all know the positive consequences that come from simply being who we are.
My girls and I loved the movie so much that we had to whip up a recipe to go along with it. This Trolls candy bark is just as bright, sparkly, and whimsical as the movie. We had a ton of fun mixing and matching the colors to match the movie and of course, we couldn’t leave out the silver glitter. This candy bark is a perfect way to continue enjoying the movie even after you’ve left the theater.
Trolls Movie – Trolls Inspired Candy Bark Recipe
- Edible Glitter
- 1 Pound Bright Pink Melting Chocolate
- 1 ½ Cups Bright Blue Melting Chocolate
- ½ Cup Bright Green Melting Chocolate
- Flower Sprinkles
- Line your cookie sheet with a large piece of wax paper.
- In a large bowl place your entire bag (around 1 pound) of bright pink melting chocolates and heat them in the microwave for about 2 minutes or until completely melted.
- Stop and stir every few minutes to make sure the chocolate isn’t ruined.
- Once melted, quickly pour onto your cookie sheet and spread into a thinner square.
- Moving quickly, melt about 1 ½ cups of your blue melting chocolate in the same way as before but in a smaller bowl.
- Once melted, drizzle the blue in a large squiggly line across the pink chocolate.
- Take your toothpick and run it through the chocolate to make it turn into a neat design.
- Melt your green chocolate the same way as before.
- Once melted, pour it into three small circles on each side of the pan.
- Take your toothpick and make a circular motion in the green chocolate to swirl the other colors into it.
- Sprinkle your bark with the flower sprinkles and edible glitter.
- Place in fridge and let cool for about ten minutes.
- Break apart and enjoy!
Follow on Social:
Also, if you loved the movie then you will want to check out the newest Series on Netflix for Trolls: The Beat Goes On.
Season 1 of Trolls: The Beat Goes On begins streaming on Netflix Friday, January 19