Self-confidence quotes are inspiring sayings that you can tell yourself in front of the mirror each morning or put as a caption for your social media post. Even if you aren’t into social media, there are many good reasons to keep a few self-confidence quotes on hand.
What is Self-Confidence?
Self-confidence is belief in yourself to complete a task or overcome a challenge. It can also mean that you trust yourself to always make the right decisions for yourself. Strong self-confidence often takes years to develop and needs some maintenance from time to time to keep it strong.
Ways to Improve Self-Confidence
If you don’t have strong self-confidence just yet, you aren’t alone. There are many ways to improve your self-confidence from quotes to journaling and exercising.
Say Positive Things to Yourself
The number one way to boost your self-confidence is to start each day by telling yourself positive things. Many people choose to do this in the bathroom in front of a mirror.
Start by saying all the things in life you are great at, and don’t forget to encourage yourself to have a good day.
Write Positive Things About Yourself
Keeping a journal is excellent for mental health and can help bring you more self-confidence. Plan to set aside 5 minutes of each day to write down positive things about yourself and commend yourself for things you have accomplished in the past.
Exercising is an important part of building self-confidence because it releases happy endorphins and keeps you looking your best. Try to work out 5 times per week for at least 30 minutes.
Be Around People Who Support You
Is there someone who constantly brings you down? Or maybe a person who just makes you feel bad? Cut them out of your life. Surround yourself only with people who will support you and help you build your self-confidence.
Quick Tips to Boost Your Self Confidence
- Pose in front of the mirror and admire your body on a daily basis.
- Practice forgiving both yourself and others.
- Go for a walk/run.
- Write down positive affirmations.
- Join a support group for something your struggle with.
- Send yourself a card in the mail and enjoy opening it in a few days.
Benefits of Self-Confidence Quotes
- You’ll always have something to write in a card for a friend.
- Self-confidence quotes are great for putting as captions on social media.
- Self-confidence quotes can help you stay positive when you feel down.
- You can use self-confidence quotes as email signatures.
- Self-confidence quotes can help you strengthen a friend when they are feeling down.
75 Best Self-Confidence Quotes for the Good and Bad Days
Quotes About Self-Confidence
- “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” – Laozi
- “With realization of one’s own potential and self-confidence in one’s ability, one can build a better world.” – The Dalai Lama
- “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.” - Marie Curie
- “Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what? Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident, and more and more successful.” - Mark Victor Hansen
- “Self-confidence can be learned, practiced, and mastered–just like any other skill. Once you master it, everything in your life will change for the better.” -Barrie Davenport
- “Confidence doesn’t come out of nowhere. It’s a result of something … hours and days and weeks and years of constant work and dedication.” -Roger Staubach
- “Action is a great restorer and builder of confidence. Inaction is not only the result, but the cause, of fear. Perhaps the action you take will be successful; perhaps different action or adjustments will have to follow. But any action is better than no action at all.” -Norman Vincent Peale
- “People who ask confidently get more than those who are hesitant and uncertain. When you’ve figured out what you want to ask for, do it with certainty, boldness and confidence.” -Jack Canfield
- “It is not so much our friends’ help that helps us, as the confidence of their help.” -Epicurus
- “Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit”―E. E. Cummings
- “Kindness in words creates confidence.” -Laozi
Inspirational Self-Confidence Quotes
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face … we must do that which we think we cannot.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Trust yourself–you know more than you think you do.” – Benjamin Spock
- “Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember–the only taste of success some people have is when they take a bite out of you.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.” -Coco Chanel
- “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” – David Brinkley
- “One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.” -Arthur Ashe
- “Successful people have fear, successful people have doubts, and successful people have worries. They just don’t let these feelings stop them.” -T. Harv Eker
- “If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.” -Thomas Edison
- “I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.” -Robert Downey Jr.
- “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.”―J. M. Barrie
- “To overcome fear is the quickest way to gain your self-confidence.”―Roy T. Bennett
Positive Self-Confidence Quotes
- “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “The confidence which we have in ourselves give birth to much of that which we have in others.” -Francois de la Rochefoucauld
- “When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things.” -Joe Namath
- “Fear? What has a man to do with fear? Chance rules our lives, and the future is all unknown. Best live as we may, from day to day.”―Sophocles
- “A diamond doesn’t start out polished and shining. It once was nothing special, but with enough pressure and time, becomes spectacular. I’m that diamond.”―Solange Nicole
- “The key to life is accepting challenges. Once someone stops doing this, he’s dead.”―Bette Davis
- “Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.” –Winston Churchill
- “I’m going to keep showing up as my best self and stay focused on my own path. That’s how I know I’ll win.” –@bossbabe
- “Be messy and complicated and afraid and show up anyways.” –Glennon Doyle Melton
- “We are cups constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out.” –Ray Bradbury
- “Your success will be determined by your own confidence and fortitude.” -Michelle Obama
True Beauty Self-Confidence Quotes
- “People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
- “Tear off the mask, your face is glorious.” –Rumi
- “For the first time maybe ever, it didn’t matter if I looked beautiful or not. I felt it.”―Kiera Cass
- “Always be yourself–express yourself, have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.” – Bruce Lee
- “Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside of them was superior to circumstance.” -Bruce Barton
- “Envy comes from people’s ignorance of, or lack of belief in, their own gifts.”―Jean Vanier
- “Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” -Christopher Robin
- “I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence but it comes from within. It is there all the time.” -Anne Freud
- “It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else’s eyes.” -Sally Field
- “When you’re different, sometimes you don’t see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn’t.” -Jodi Picoult
- “Public opinion is a weak tyrant compared with our own private opinion.”―Henry David Thoreau
Sassy Self-Confidence Quotes
- “If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life. With confidence, you have won even before you have started.” – Cicero
- “You’re never as good as everyone tells you when you win, and you’re never as bad as they say when you lose.” – Lou Holtz
- “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” – Vincent Van Gogh
- “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Bernard Baruch
- “Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.” – Helen Keller
- “You’ve got to take the initiative and play your game. In a decisive set, confidence is the difference.” – Chris Evert
- “Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions … Do your thing, and don’t care if they like it.” -Tina Fey
- “You have no control over other people’s taste, so focus on staying true to your own.” -Tim Gunn
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who’ll decide where to go.” -Dr. Seuss
- “I laugh at myself. I don’t take myself completely seriously. I think that’s another quality that people have to hold on to … you have to laugh, especially at yourself.” ―Madonna
- “Why should I care what other people think of me? I am who I am. And who I wanna be.”―Avril Lavigne
- “Never dull your shine for somebody else.” -Tyra Banks
- “Control your own destiny or someone else will.” -Jack Welch
- “Confidence is the most important single factor in this game, and no matter how great your natural talent, there is only one way to obtain and sustain it: work.” -Jack Nicklaus
Short Self-Confidence Quotes
- “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” – John Wooden
- “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.” – Mark Twain
- “It is best to act with confidence, no matter how little right you have to it.” -Lillian Hellman
- “Sooner or later, those who win are those who think they can.” - Paul Tournier
- “Accept who you are; and revel in it.” – Mitch Albom
- “Self-confidence is contagious.”―Stephen Richards
- “With confidence, you have won before you have started.” -Marcus Garvey
- “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” -Oscar Wilde
- “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” -Buddha
- “Learning too soon our limitations, we never learn our powers.” -Mignon McLaughlin
- “Skill and confidence are an unconquered army.” -George Herbert
- “Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they’re yours.” -Richard Bach
- “If I have lost confidence in myself, I have the universe against me.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.”―Theodore Roosevelt
- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” –Helen Keller