Elf On The Shelf Donut Recipe
Christmas Elves are Santa’s little helpers. They are here to help Santa light up Christmas and spread the Christmas spirit. This fun breakfast or dessert plate is not only fun to make but super easy. Don’t worry, you won’t have to make donuts into the shape of an elf! In fact, if you have a donut pan, you won’t even have to worry about making the shape of the donuts. These Elf donuts are made simply with Funfetti cake mix, Christmas colored frosting, sprinkles, and your choice of a Christmas Elf!
Here are a few of Santa’s helpers to choose from:
- Alabaster Snowball: The elf in charge of the naughty and nice list.
- Bushy Evergreen: The magic toy-making machine
- Pepper Minstix: He is the guardian of the secret of Santa’s village
- Shinny Upatree: Santa’s oldest friend
- Sugarplum Mary: Head of sweet treats! She would be perfect!
Enjoy your Elf Donuts and make this Christmas magical!
Elf on the Shelf Donuts
- 1 box of Pillsbury Funfetti Holiday cake mix
- Pillsbury green frosting
- 1/4 C. vegetable oil
- 1 C. water
- 1 egg
- Christmas colored sprinkles
- large freezer bag
- kitchen scissors
- mini donut pan
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray the mini donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the cake mix, vegetable oil, water and egg, mixing well.
- Scoop the batter into the freezer bag, seal it shut and snip one corner with the kitchen scissors.
- Gently squeeze the batter out of the bag and into the mini donut pan filling each well about 3/4 full.
- Bake the mini donuts for 6-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Repeat the process with the rest of the batter.
- Once all the donuts have cooled, generously frost each mini donut and add sprinkles.
- Position your Elf so that he appears to have decorated the donuts.