Disney’s Lightning McQueen Craft for Kids
You know what’s fun? When you do a few crafts together to prep for a new movie coming out. My kids LOVE any Cars movie that’s already out, so you can imagine their excitement for another Cars movie. This adorable cars craft is something you can do with the kids before you go and see the movie, it will only get them more excited about seeing Cars 3!
This craft is super simple and you can do it while supervising your kids or if they’re old enough, they can do some parts on their own. The cool thing about the car is that it can be decorated however you desire. This particular car is inspired by Lightning McQueen himself.
What you need to make this super cute craft:
- Jumbo craft sticks
- 1.5″ wooden craft circles
- Red, yellow, orange, white, silver, silver glitter, black, and blue craft paint
- Paint brushes
- Black Sharpie
- Hot glue/hot glue gun or Elmer’s glue
1. Lay out a couple scrap pieces of newspaper before you get started.
2. Lay out 5 craft sticks vertically onto the table, cut 3 at an angle and 2 flat then arrange them like pictured (angle up, angle up, flat, flat, and angle down).
3. Cut off the bottom craft sticks leaving each side about 3″ long.
4. Now glue 3 craft sticks horizontally onto the bottom of the 5 craft sticks.
5. Paint your craft sticks red and let dry.
6. Paint or color in your wooden circles with black paint or a black sharpie and glue them onto the bottom of the car frame.
7. Using your Black Sharpie to draw lightning bolts onto each side of the car frame, the number 95 onto the middle, and an eye onto the right side of the windshield.
8. Now use a small paint brush and paint to fill in your drawn designs.
9. Use a paint brush and your silver/silver glitter paint to paint the rims onto your car by painting a pizza like pattern onto the black wheels.
10. Let your car dry and display!
CARS 3 opens in theatres nationwide on Friday, June 16, 2017
Watch the Trailer:
Pin For Later:
Leave a Reply