Best friend quotes are inspiring and fun sayings you can tell your best friend, so they know what they mean to you. Best friend quotes can also be used for social media, email signatures, or scribbled in a card for your BFFs special day.
What is a Best Friend?
A best friend is a friend who is closer to you than your other friends. While a friend might wish you a happy birthday, a best friend is there at dawn to take you away for an amazing and crazy day.
While friendships may fade, best friendships never do. Best friends trust each other implicitly and know everything about one another. A family member can be a best friend, or it can be someone unrelated.
Difference Between a Friend and a Best Friend
- Friends will give you nice feedback, but best friends will always be brutally honest.
- Best friends don’t wait for invites to your home; they just show up.
- Best friends consider each other to be soulmates.
- Friends offer advice, but best friends will give it to you whether you want it or not.
- Best friends place loyalty above all else and won’t do anything to compromise it.
- Best friends are always there when you need them, and they are never too busy to help you.
- A best friend will always support you, offering positive viewpoints and help when you are feeling down.
How to Use Best Friend Quotes
There are many ways to use best friend quotes, and most people choose to use them to honor and celebrate their best friend. Best friend quotes can be used to fill out a birthday card for a best friend or posted on social media stories for their birthday with an array of photos.
If you are planning to give a speech at your best friend’s wedding, then these quotes can also help you to design or end your speech with flair. Plus, if your best friend is having a bad day, you can text them a best friend quote to let them know you are there.
Benefits of Best Friend Quotes
- You will never be at a loss for what to say to your best friend.
- Best friend quotes can be designed into images for special occasions.
- With some best friend quotes on hand, you can easily post about your best friend on social media.
- Best friend quotes give you plenty to put in a card or gift for your best friend on their birthday.
- Best friend quotes can spice up your email signature and make it more interesting.
80 Best Friend Quotes to Show Your Best Friend They Are the Best
Short Best Friend Quotes
- “The love that comes from friendship is the underlying facet of a happy life.” – Chelsea Handler
- “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “A single rose can be my garden… a single friend, my world.” – Leo Buscaglia
- “Friendship’s the wine of life.” — Edward Young
- “Friendship is a wildly underrated medication.” – Anna Deavere Smith
- “The great thing about new friends is that they bring new energy to your soul.” – Shanna Rodriguez
- “A friend is an emotional bond, just like friendship is a human experience.” – Simon Sinek
- “I get by with a little help from my friends.”—The Beatles
- “We were together. I forget the rest.”—Walt Whitman
- “Life is nothing without friendship.”—Cicero
- “Friendship isn’t a big thing—it’s a million little things.”—Paulo Coelho
- “A friend may be waiting behind a stranger’s face.”—Maya Angelou
- “Life is an awful, ugly place to not have a best friend.”—Sarah Dessen
- “What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.”—Aristotle
Famous Best Friend Quotes
- “Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend.” — Bill Watterson
- “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.’”– C.S. Lewis
- “Anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you.” — Misty Copeland
- “As much as a BFF can make you go WTF, there’s no denying we’d be a little less rich without them.” — Gossip Girl
- “There’s not a word yet for old friends who’ve just met.” – Jim Henson
- “Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”- Albert Camus
- “[The greatest gift in life] is the gift of friendship, and I have received it; the greatest healing therapy is friendship.” — Hubert Humphrey
- “One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together… there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart… I’ll always be with you.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you; spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” – Amy Poehler
- “Close friends are truly life’s treasures. Sometimes they know us better than we know ourselves.”—Vincent Van Gogh
- “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.”—Woodrow Wilson
- “Friends are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer.”—Ed Cunningham
- “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends leave footprints in your heart.”—Eleanor Roosevelt
True Best Friend Quotes
- “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” – Muhammad Ali
- “True friends are those rare people who come to find you in dark places and lead you back to the light.” — Anonymous
- “There are three things that grow more precious with age; old wood to burn, old books to read and old friends to enjoy.” — Henry Ford
- “Never leave a friend behind. Friends are all we have to get us through this life—and they are the only things from this world that we could hope to see in the next.” — Dean Koontz
- “That’s when I realized what a true friend was. Someone who would always love you—the imperfect you, the confused you, the wrong you—because that is what people are supposed to do.” — R. J. L.
- “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” – William Shakespeare
- “True friends are always together in spirit.”—L.M. Montgomery
- “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.”—David Tyson
Quotes About Best Friends
- “Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.” ― Elie Wiesel
- “Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years.” — Richard Bach
- “A good friend is a connection to life—a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world.” — Lois Wyse
- “The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing… not healing, not curing… that is a friend who cares.” – Henri Nouwen
- “Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures, and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits become tedious.” – Thomas Aquinas
- “Every friendship goes through ups and downs. Dysfunctional patterns set in; external situations cause internal friction; you grow apart and then bounce back together.” – Mariella Frostrup
- “Friendship is a strong and habitual inclination in two persons to promote the good and happiness of one another.” – Eustace Budgell
- “Throughout life you will meet one person who is like no other. You could talk to this person for hours and never get bored, you could tell this person things and they will never judge you. This person is your soulmate, your best friend. Don’t ever let them go.” – Unknown
- “She is a friend of my mind. She gather me, man. The pieces I am, she gather them and give them back to me in all the right order.”—Toni Morrison
- “A sweet friendship refreshes the soul.”—Proverbs 27:9
- “A good friend knows all your best stories, but a best friend has lived them with you.”—Unknown
Inspirational Best Friend Quotes
- “If you live to be a hundred, I hope I live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.” — Winnie the Pooh
- “Don’t make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to level yourself up.” – Thomas J. Watson
- “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” — Audrey Hepburn
- “Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time, we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I’m glad for that.”– Ally Condie
- “In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “Friendship isn’t about who you’ve known the longest. It’s about who walked into your life, said, “I’m here for you”, and proved it.” — Anonymous
- “Since there is nothing so well worth having as friends, never lose a chance to make them.” – Francesco Guicciardini
- “The real test of friendship is: can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple?” – Eugene Kennedy
- “Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it’s all over.”—Octavia Butler
- “I don’t know what I would have done so many times in my life if I hadn’t had my girlfriends.”—Reese Witherspoon
Cute Best Friend Quotes
- “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” — Walter Winchell
- “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” – Arnold H. Glasgow
- “One’s friends are that part of the human race with which one can be human.”– George Santayana
- “A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.” — Anonymous
- “When the world is so complicated, the simple gift of friendship is within all of our hands.” – Maria Shriver
- “A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.”—Donna Roberts
- “If we treated ourselves as well as we treated our best friend, can you imagine?”—Meghan Markle
- “A good friend is like a four-leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have.”—Irish Proverb
Funny Best Friend Quotes
- “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “Real friendship is when your friend comes over to your house and then you both just take a nap.” — Anonymous
- “Some people go to priests. Others to poetry. I to my friends.”—Virginia Woolf
- “One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives.” – Euripides
- “You find out who your real friends are when you’re involved in a scandal.” – Elizabeth Taylor
- “Friendship is a pretty full-time occupation if you really are friendly with somebody. You can’t have too many friends because then you’re just not really friends.” – Truman Capote
- “A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your success!” – Doug Larson
- “True friends are like diamonds—bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.”—Nicole Richie
- “It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.”—Marlene Dietrich
- “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.”—Bernard Meltzer
- “There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.”—Linda Grayson
- “Women’s friendships are like a renewable source of power.”—Jane Fonda
- “It’s not that diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but it’s your best friends who are your diamonds.”—Gina Barreca
- “Friends are the siblings God never gave us.”—Mencius
Leave a Reply