Enjoying a delicious Southern Sweet Tea Slushy is the perfect way to cool your taste buds, while still getting that southern flavor that you love.
The warm weather this year has been brutal. It seems that if you aren’t sweating constantly, you’re feeling as though you’re literally dying of thirst. Luckily, a true southern comfort beverage has found a new job in slushie form.
Living in the south automatically means that the drink of choice is sweet tea. No matter what restaurant you go to or fun family gathering, sweet tea is always available. Not only does this Sweet Tea Slushie recipe give an amazing twist on how to enjoy it, it’s also a pretty fun drink to slurp on as well.
The next time that you’re tempted to head to the store for some of the prepackaged and sugary slushy treats, why not give this recipe a try instead? It’s got such a fun flavor that adults and children will agree that this slushie is a true winner. Include your children in the making of this recipe as well. They’ll love being able to see something created from start to finish knowing that they had a part of it happening!
INGREDIENTS FOR SWEET TEA SLUSHIES:
6 cups sweet tea (homemade or store-bought), divided
Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 Tablespoons)
Lemon wheels or slices, to garnish
Optional – fresh mint leaves, to garnish
HOW TO MAKE SWEET TEA SLUSHIES
Fill 2 ice cube trays with sweet tea and freeze overnight or for at least 4 hours.
Sweet Tea Slushies
- 6 cups sweet tea (homemade or store bought), divided
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 Tablespoons)
- Lemon wheels or slices, to garnish
- Optional - fresh mint leaves, to garnish
- Fill 2 ice cube trays with sweet tea and freeze overnight or for at least 4 hours
- Fill a blender with the frozen sweet tea ice cubes
- Add the lemon juice and remaining sweet tea (about 2 cups) and blend for 30 seconds or until all of the ice is crushed
- Place the sweet tea mixture in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to get a real slushy consistency
- Stir and pour into your favorite serving glasses. Garnish with lemon wheels and ENJOY!!