Talking to your kids can be difficult if your little ones aren’t the most outgoing. Maybe you might be even having trouble because you don’t know what your child’s interests are at the moment. It may be a challenge to hold a conversation that starts off more than just, ‘How was school today?’ Whether you’re trying to get them to warm up to a new friend, or trying to get them to open up about a tough day they had, we’ll give you successful ice breakers to help your child feel more comfortable.
What is your favorite…
- Which computer games are your favorite?
- Who is your favorite musician?
- What types of shoes are your favorite?
- Which pets are your favorite, dogs or cats?
- What are your favorite kinds of clothes to wear?
- Name your favorite basketball players.
- What’s your favorite ice-cream flavor?
- What’s your favorite toy?
- What’s your favorite dress?
- What’s your favorite hat?
- What’s your favorite meal from dad?
- What’s your favorite meal from mom?
- What’s your favorite thing to watch on TV?
If you could…
- If you could be a superhero, which one would you be and why?
- If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you could be the teacher for a day, what would you teach the class?
- If you could name a star, what would the name be?
- If you could live on any planet, which one would it be?
- If you could have the world to yourself, what would you do?
- If you could rename the colors of the rainbow, what would you name them?
- If you could invent a holiday, what would it be?
- If you could take a trip around the world in 80 days, which countries would you visit?
- If you opened an online store, what would you sell?
- If you had $1 million, what would you do with it?
- If you could keep one item in your home, what would it be?
- If you had 1 hour to live, what would you do?
- Why is it important to vote?
- What was the funniest thing that happened today?
- What did you learn today?
- Do you think it’s important to wear name-brand clothing? Why?
- Where were you born?
- What kind of career do you want?
- How do you want to change the world?
- What snacks did you eat today?
- What kind of daydreams do you have?
- What kind of nightmares do you have?
- How are your friends doing?
- What dreams do you want to come true?
- What does love mean to you?
Would you rather…
- Would you rather eat a chicken sandwich from a restaurant or one that your mom cooks?
- Would you rather drink a whole gallon of milk or a gallon of pickle juice?
- Would you rather receive $25,000 a year or receive $10 million every 5 years?
- Would you rather fly or be super strong?
- Would you rather eat burgers or pizza?
- Would you rather be a singer or an actor?
- Would you rather have a trampoline or a playground?
- Would you rather swim in a pool of chocolate pudding or jello?
- Would you rather ride a bike or ride a horse?
- Would you rather be an awesome dancer or direct movies?
- Would you rather stay dirty all the time or bathe in tomato juice all the time?
- Would you rather get stung by a bee or eat a worm?
- Would you rather be a snake or an eagle?
Just for fun…
- What do you like to do for fun?
- What video games do you like to play?
- Do you like pop music?
- What video game streamer do you like to watch?
- What decade would you want to live in?
- What country would you like to go to?
- What cities do you like to go to?
- Which states are the best?
- What do your friends like to do for fun?
- What food is fun to eat?
- What’s your least favorite thing to do?
- What do you like to do for the holidays?
- What games do you play at the park?
That’s all for now! We hope you try any and all of these questions to break the ice or learn more about your child. You can also use these questions with adults! Use them as ice breakers for any party, meeting, or game night.
Leave a Reply