Medieval Times New Show: Queen in Atlanta Takes The Reign + Giveaway
Experience North America’s most popular dinner attraction, Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament. This year is the year of the woman and Medieval, introducing its first-ever female-led show. The live dining and entertainment show, which brings the medieval era to the 21st century, today announced the impending arrival of a Queen in Atlanta, who will serve as the sole ruler of the land with the passing of her father, the previous king. This is the fourth show to debut at the Atlanta Castle, since its gates opened in 2006 and the first with a female lead.
Medieval Times announced the new queen-led show in 2017, marking a major break from a 34-year long tradition of casting
a king as the lead role. The show has made its way throughout eight castles in the U.S. and Canada. Atlanta will be its last stop
and final hurrah.
Medieval Times Pre Black Friday Sale and Thanksgiving Specials:
Adult tickets will be $36.95 and children tickets will $30.95. The offer if valid 11/19 through 11/25 and the code is TG18.
Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament feature heroic knights on magnificent horses displaying the astounding athletic feats and thrilling swordplay that have become hallmarks of this unique entertainment experience. Enjoy a “hands-on” feast as the dynamic performance unfolds before you. A sweeping musical score and brilliant lights provide a fabulous backdrop for this spellbinding experience that blurs the boundary between fairy tale and spectacle!
Audiences of all ages gather to cheer for their knight! Medieval Times is the perfect place for any occasion: family fun night, birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, date night, and more!
New Changes to the Show:
• More than 700 new costumes for all nine castles’ performers including horses, all of which are custom-designed and hand-made at a dedicated costume shop near Dallas Design District.
• 200 new suits of armor, shields, and helmets, all of which are custom-designed and hand-made at a dedicated armory in Florida.
• More than 350 team members and 225 horses train and rehearse new lines and fight scenes for three months while still presenting the current show.
• It takes two months to teach a queen to ride an Andalusian stallion.
• New music was composed by Dr. Daniel May, composer and jazz pianist who scored “Everest” and other films and who worked with Sting, The Moody Blues and others. He directed and recorded Medieval Times’ new show composition in Kiev with the National Symphony Orchestra of Ukraine. He directed the choir in Ukraine with lyrics written by poet and choir member Solomia
Gorokhivska, and a solo cellist and violin player from Pittsburgh, PA.
• The audience experiences a live action film score that is precisely synchronized with every element of the show, from lights to fights; jousts to jabs; the queen’s entry to curtain closings; and more.
• The sound and light team spends 120 hours programming 300 new music cues and 500 new lighting cues. Several castles are installing and programming a new LED lighting system that offers 256 colors versus the old 14-color system. The system is powered by 10 miles of cable and an estimated million-dollar upgrade.
There are nine North Amerian locations for Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament.
- Orlando, Florida
- Buena Park, California
- Chicago, Illinois
- Dallas, Texas
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Lyndhurst, NJ
- Baltimore, Maryland
- Atlanta, Georgia
- All Knights begin their training as Squires – just as they did in the Middle Ages – learning horse care, sword fighting, and weaponry. It takes a minimum of six months of training to become a Knight.
- Knights perform with real metal weapons and wear authentic armor. During battle scenes, real titanium swords create sparks.
- Every shield must be repainted after every show.
- When jousting, the Knights charge at speeds of approximately 15 to 20 miles per hour and reach an impact velocity speed of about 30 to 40 miles per hour.
- Each year, 25 foals are born at Chapel Creek Ranch, where they spend two years training.
Life Family Fun has a Family Pack of 4 Tickets to giveaway for regular admission for the Atlanta, Georgia location. Please enter view Rafflecopter below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
You have until December 2, 2018 at 12:00 am to enter this contest. For your convenience, we have set up Rafflecopter to help us manage the whole process smoothly. To be eligible for this giveaway you must be a subscriber to Life Family Fun newsletter. Must live within 150 miles of Medieval Times Dinner Show Lawrenceville location and be 18 years of age to enter. Good luck!
Have you ever experienced Medieval Times Dinner Show yet?