DIY Teacher Gift Idea: How To Make A Colored Pencil Flower Vase
Teacher appreciation is the week of May 8th which means the end of the school year is rapidly approaching. The cheers of students and teachers are likely to be both just as equally ecstatic. What better time to thank the teacher in your student’s life than with an awesome DIY Teacher Gift that is sure to stand out from the crowd. Long gone are the days of apple giving and simple gift cards as a thank you. Think of all the long hours that teachers put into their job that truly do go above and beyond their normal required duties. Nights, weekends, and after-school activities are just a few of their commitments that aren’t part of their normal everyday commitments. And truthfully, those little “extra’s” are what make teachers so wonderful. Take the time this year to make a gift that shows appreciation from you, and your student and create this DIY Colored Pencil Flower Vase specifically for them and their passion.
Supplies Needed For Your DIY Teacher Gift:
- Empty large 15oz tin can, washed and dried.
- 4 – 10 Colored Pencils
- Hot Glue and Hot Glue Gun
- Fresh Flowers
How To Make This DIY Colored Pencil Flower Vase:
- Open your colored pencils and arrange them in a way you like. I went with the guidance of how the pencils were already in the box and arranged them in a rainbow like fashion on a flat surface.
- Place the tin can, standing up, onto a flat surface. Use hot glue to attach the pencils to the can. Add a small amount of glue to the pencils and press firmly onto the can.
- The can is standing on a flat surface (not laying down) so you can be sure the pencils are all in the same position on the bottom and flat with the table.
- Continue to attach pencils to the can until it’s almost covered. When you have your last bit, you may need to use fewer pencils.
- Cut a piece of ribbon and tie it around the can in a bow shape.
- Cut a piece of paper into a tag shape and use markers to draw on the tag. Affix the tag to the can under the bow with hot glue. Fill the vase with fresh flowers and water and give it to the teacher!
This one-of-a-kind teacher gift is certain to wow them for sure! And before you give it to your “teacher of the year”, make certain to fill it full of fresh flowers for that extra touch. Nothing says “thank you” like a truly homemade gift and fresh cut flowers brighten their day!
You may also like these Teacher Gift Ideas:
Pin This DIY Teacher Gift – Colored Pencil Vase: