I’m almost forty and decided last month it was time to head back to college while trying to juggle being a wife, and WAHM to four kids, grandkids, and a dog. What was I thinking and right here during the holidays?
Attending undergrad school was a breeze compared to grad school. Graduate school is full of twists and turns that I wasn’t aware of, not to mention so time-consuming consisting of long days and long nights, plus not to mention lack of sleep.
I cannot even tell you how many nights I have stayed up late trying to meet a deadline for a paper or exam that was due knowing I had to get up early the next day. My head is falling asleep at the computer, but I still need to function a little while longer. I had no problems thriving on four hours of sleep at twenty, but now that I am nearly forty I need something a little extra to get me going.
This is where coffee comes to my rescue. With my late nights and early mornings, coffee isn’t a want, it’s a need. After a long time at the computer, when I wake up in the morning I need coffee to survive. Can you relate?
Oddly enough, the coffee brewing downstairs gets me motivated and out of bed to tackle the busy day ahead. It must be a psychological thing. I have a “to-do” list a mile long and I know I will need that tiny bit of energy to help me get through it all. Does anyone else put things like “make coffee” on their “to-do” list?
Oh, just me? Coffee and quiet time are listed on the top for me. Taking care of me is important. Having that moment of quiet time with my cup of coffee helps me get through my days. I cannot tell you how many times I went without my coffee and felt my “to-do” list stood frozen in time. But, after a hot cup of tasty coffee, I feel like I can conquer those important “to-dos” on my list and still have time for me.
Crossing Things Off Your To-Do List
There is nothing more satisfying than crossing things off my list. So, how do I manage to tackle that “to-do” list and still find time for me?
- I get up early. I’m not a morning person. However, getting up just 30 to 60 minutes before everyone else allows me to start my morning peacefully. I can take a shower without feeling rushed, enjoy my delicious cup of coffee while watching the news, or just relax to have that quiet time.
- I pick up that pen and paper and I write everything down. I use a planner to plan my day hour by hour, minute by minute. Most importantly, I always make sure to leave a slot open for myself. As I complete a task, I cross it off my “to-do” list.
- I delegate things so that I have more time. I have come to the realization that I don’t have to do it all by myself. The sooner I learned to delegate, the sooner I had more time for myself.
- Last, but not least, I may have that second cup of coffee before lunchtime. I will take my coffee outside and sit on my porch to just relax for a moment. I don’t know about you but I need that second cup of coffee and a few extra moments of stillness to feel complete. For me, coffee keeps me going. It helps me to be more productive. It makes it easier for me to stay focused on the tasks at hand.
I have been using Bulletproof Coffee lately and it’s some pretty powerful stuff!! Bulletproof Coffee is high performing, a low toxin, and full of healthy fats! It’s blended with grass-fed unsalted butter and Brain Octane Oil. If you don’t know much about Brain Octane Oil, it’s quite simple—it’s a form of MCT—medium-chain triglyceride! What does this all mean? It means this stuff will speed up your metabolism and give you that good clean energy without the crash.
I’m sure you have heard of good coffee and bad coffee? Believe it or not, but there are bad coffee beans out there. Bulletproof® Upgraded Coffee Beans are made from certified coffee beans which is key in maximizing flavor in your coffee. These beans are even sent to a lab to help make sure they are 100% quality. Repeat after me — good coffee only— avoid bad coffee!
I bet you feel smarter just after reading all of this. Don’t you? Imagine what will happen when you get some of this coffee in your system! Well, I have great news! You can purchase Bulletproof Coffee Starter Kits. Test it out, see if it is what you’re looking for to help you tackle those mile long “to-do” lists! Get yours here.
Hey wait just a minute. I bet you Santa could use some Bulletproof Coffee too! This year, instead of cookies and milk I think I may just leave him Bulletproof® Coffee instead!
Bulletproof® Coffee Recipe
- 8 oz. of filtered boiled water
- 2 ½ tablespoons freshly ground Bulletproof® Coffee Bean
- 1 teaspoon Bulletproof® Brain Octane
- 1 –2 tablespoons grass-fed unsalted butter.
- Brew 1 cup (8 oz.) of Bulletproof® Coffee Beans. French Press is recommended.
- Add 1 teaspoon Bulletproof® Brain Octane to 8 oz.of hot coffee.
- Gradually increase the amount of Bulletproof® Brain Octane each day to reach 1–2 tablespoons per cup.
- Add 1–2 tablespoons grass-fed unsalted butter.
- Mix it all in a blender for 20–30 seconds until it is foamy like a latte.
Coffee always keeps me want to do more and more during my days I need coffee
Coffee keeps me going all the time. I would be very unhappy without it!
Tiffany Haywood says
I’m definitely a pen to paper kinda gal too. It’s the only way I accomplish anything! Great post! Love your images…
Julie Wood says
Tim Tebow was on Rachel Ray and he says he takes his coffee bulletproof. I did not know what he meant, but he explained that he puts butter in his coffee. I do not know if I can do this. but it sounds very interesting.
Andrea Long says
Make a check box beside each item. Physically checking the item off is rewarding!
Brenda Haines says
Must. Have. COFFEE!! My check list is a must, especially in December and everyone is coming to my house this year.
Tina Nichols says
Coffee and cream for me. No sugar, please. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season!
kathi bennett says
I am a list maker too and I add making coffee and getting dressed. Hey, I do those things! I will have to try the coffee, I could really use a lift, after awhile just plain caffeine doesn’t do the job anymore. Happy Holidays to you!
Dana Rodriguez says
I love these tips. Yes I MUST have coffee in the morning or I just can’t get motivated.
Paula Brown says
I would love to try a different coffee. Looks really good on a cold day.