Symbols of integrity are useful tools for those who want to become better. Integrity is an important part of a spiritually and emotionally healthy lifestyle. However, many people are unaware of what integrity really means.
What is Integrity?
Integrity is doing what’s right regardless of who knows about it. It is often described as being honest and having strong moral principles.
This is something that is difficult to spot in others but easy to spot in yourself. If you focus on what is right even when others don’t or even when you are not rewarded for your actions or thoughts, you are likely to be someone of integrity.
Common Signs of Integrity
- Taking responsibility for their actions
- Admitting when they are wrong
- Being selfless
- Seeing the best in people
- Honesty with kindness and respect
Which Color Symbolizes Integrity?
Blue is the color of integrity. This is likely tied to the fact that blue also represents honesty, which is closely related to integrity.
In color psychology, blue is calming and relaxing. It makes us feel confident, safe, and secure.
Flowers That Symbolize Integrity
- Gladiolus – a flower that represents the integrity of a gladiator
- Lunaria – a transparent flower that represents the transparency necessary for integrity
- Orchid – a lightweight flower of beauty, love, and true integrity
- Daffodil – a springtime flower that represents rebirth and making it through the harshness of winter
Crystals That Symbolize Integrity
- Celestite – known for its purifying powers of transparency and integrity
- Lapis Lazuli – a blue crystal that stands for the third eye chakra, one of integrity and truth
- Shattuckite – a crystal known for its connection to truth and integrity
- Azurite – a true blue stone of honesty and integrity
- Amazonite – a strong gem that represents truth and good vibrations
Plant That Symbolizes Integrity
Bamboo is a symbol of integrity in Chinese culture. It represents beauty, strength, and good moral character. These symbolisms come from its ability to grow fast and steady in most weather, flourishing in any terrain.
Animal Integrity Symbols
- Peacock – the striking bird symbolizes true blue honesty
- Swan – a symbol of purity, honesty, and integrity
- Lion – a symbol of loyalty and strength who stays true
- Lovebirds – a pair that stays true to each other, another aspect of integrity
- Moose – a strong animal of deep moral integrity
- Rooster – an honest and brave bird that always stays true to its path
Symbols of Integrity in Different Cultures
Although the term integrity doesn’t vary depending on culture, what consists of integrity does.
In Hinduism, all values trace back to integrity. Honesty, not hurting others, self-restraint, forbearance, virtue, and compassion are values of integrity found in the Hindu faith.
In Eastern Asia, honor and integrity are closely related. This involves traditional values, staying loyal to your family, and having high expectations of yourself in all aspects of life.
In Christianity, integrity involves pleasing God above humans. This means doing what you believe God would see as righteous and good, even if others disagree. But it does not mean refusing to respect the values of others.
In Native American culture, integrity includes protecting all living things. Preserving all that the higher powers have given us and seeing the value in all things is part of having integrity.
10 Symbols of Integrity
1. Kola Nut
Kola Nut is a real nut as well as a symbol of integrity. It contains caffeine and is tied to Adrinka purity, righteousness, and honesty. It fights against rot, a great representation of someone of integrity.
A rope is often graded by integrity. Of course, it is a different type of integrity, but it is similar in the way that they both require strength, conviction, and realism.
3. Dara Knot
The Dara Knot is a Celtic symbol of integrity. It represents inner strength, as seen in the roots of an oak tree that runs deep and strong.
The circle is the strongest shape, giving it physical and mental integrity. It represents unity and the strength it takes to live with integrity despite what’s going on around us.
The mirror is a symbol of integrity as it encourages us to be self-aware. When we are self-aware, we have more integrity, and it is easier to be honest with ourselves and, thus, others.
Glass represents integrity because it is transparent. Because transparency is such a large factor of integrity, glass is a good representation of the vulnerability it takes to be someone of integrity.
Ailm is a symbol from the Celtic Alphabet. It represents the pine tree and its integrity, endurance, and mental clarity.
A compass is a good symbol of integrity. It always points north, never wavering from its path, and can even be more reliable than modern-day technology.
Plums are symbols of honesty and integrity. They are hearty plants that can bloom in any season; no matter how harsh the world is, it stays true.
10. Djed Pillar
The Djed Pillar is a symbol of stability and integrity in ancient Egypt. It is straight, sturdy, and can last a lifetime, which also gave it the title “backbone of Osiris.”