Symbols of friendship are emblems or wildlife that represent the connection individuals share. Surround yourself with them to attract good friendships or give them as gifts to friends you care for.
What is the True Meaning of Friendship?
Friendship is a type of platonic affection that two people share. Every culture acknowledges the importance of friendships, which come and go throughout life. Friendships are defined by a few traits: interaction, consent, non-obligatory, equality, and companionship.
Types of Friendships
- Acquaintances – this includes work friends who you are forced to be around and who have found camaraderie through your surroundings.
- Group friends – this includes friends of friends who you hang with in a group but are never alone with.
- Close friends – close friends are friends that you can be honest with and enjoy spending time alone with.
- Activity friends – activity friends enjoy the same things you do, giving you someone to do what you love with, but aren’t necessarily close friends.
- Forever friends – these are the friends that you can always trust. You may go through times with less contact, but you can always be transparent and count on each other.
Flower That Symbolizes Friendship
The yellow rose symbolizes friendship. They are often given as gifts to old friends or to offer friendship to someone new. Other friendship flowers include chrysanthemums, sunflowers, and daffodils.
Color That Symbolizes Friendship
Yellow is the color of friendship. The color is joyful and carefree, which is what friendships should also be. The fact that yellow represents friendships is part of why the yellow rose is the primary friendship flower.
Best Gems for Friendship
- Peridot – celebrates the friendships that are important to you.
- Moss Agate – balances the friendships, giving them proper equality and priority.
- Topaz – symbolizes the joy of friends.
- Lapis Lazuli – used to show others how you feel.
- Amethyst – to celebrate the healthiest, most reliable friendships.
- Rose Quartz – unconditional friendship.
20 Symbols for Friendship
1. Yu-Gi-Oh Symbol of Friendship
The card ‘Symbol of Friendship’ symbolizes the connection that the four main characters share. Many fans use this card as a way to show affection to their friends
2. Japanese Symbol of Friendship – Shin’yu
Shin’yu is a word in Japanese that means best friend. You can put the Kanji for the word on a gift for your friend.
3. Celtic Symbol of Friendship – Claddagh Ring
The Claddagh ring is a common gift of friendship or engagement. It features two hands holding a heart with a crown.
4. Adrinka Symbol of Friendship – Ese Ne Tekrema
Ese Ne Tekrema is an Adrinka symbol that means teeth and tongue. You can see these two if you look closely. The point is that the two rely on each other and work together, just as friends do.
5. Modern Symbol of Friendship – Tattoos
Tattoos have become modern symbols of friendship because they represent a permanent connection the two share. It takes commitment to get matching tattoos.
6. Christian Symbol of Friendship – Turtle Doves
Turtle doves are common Christmas symbols of friendship. Doves have long represented peace and love in the Christian faith.
7. Hindi Symbol of Friendship – Shrivatsa
The Shrivatsa is a mark that means “beloved of Sri.” It is a favorable sign that one uses to show the endless devotion one has for another.
8. Viking Symbol of Friendship – Thekkur
Thekkur is a symbol of friendship in Nordic culture. It literally means “welcome one” and is easy to replicate, making it a perfect gift.
9. Zibu Symbol of Friendship – Tama
Tama is the Zibu symbol of friendship. The simple drawing is recognized in many cultures, but it is always a gift from the angels.
10. Native American Symbol of Friendship – Arrows
The two arrows originated in native cultures and is used throughout North America to represent friendship.
11. International Symbol of Friendship – Four Interlocking Hands
Four interlocking hands are a common symbol that is a universal symbol for peace and friendship.
12. Maori Symbol of Friendship – Pikoura
The Maori symbol for friendship is the Pikoura. This twisted symbol represents life and the connection we share, the priority of the human connection.
13. Coastal Symbol of Friendship – Lighthouse
Most coastal cities and villages recognize the lighthouse as an emblem of friendship and guidance. The house reminds us to help our friends stay true to themselves with gentleness.
14. American Symbol of Friendship – Friendship Bracelet
The American symbol of friendship has been the friendship bracelet for decades. The bracelet must be handmade, even if not by the person giving it to their friend.
15. Indian Symbol of Friendship – Rakhi
Rakhi is a ceremony to celebrate friendship. It is represented with jewelry and other adornments that one gives to someone they see as a sibling.
16. Greek Symbol of Friendship – Rhodonite Ball
The Rhodonite ball is a common symbol of friendship and healing. In Greek culture, it represents the healing powers of friendship.
17. Ancient Symbol of Friendship – Hands
Hands have been a symbol of friendship for centuries. The earliest written signs of this are from the 1500s, but it is believed to be much older.
18. Chinese Symbol of Friendship – Yǒuyì
Yǒuyì is often used to symbolize a romantic interest. But it can represent a platonic friendship as well.
19. ASL Symbol of Friendship – Interlocked Fingers
Two interlocked fingers with hands facing different directions are the American Sign for friendship. Use this to show someone who knows ASL that you care.
20. Universal Symbol of Friendship – Interlocking Hearts
Interlocking hearts or two pieces of one heart are universal signs of friendship. So you don’t need to speak the same language to show affection.