Finding the perfect gift for dad for either Father’s Day or his birthday may be on the agenda today. It’s that time of year when we mothers, daughters, and sons try to find that one amazing gift to show our fathers how much they mean to us. And of course, fathers have birthdays all year long, so it seems only right that we combine the two. After all, any of these Father’s Day gift ideas could also be great birthday gifts for dads, too!
Finding the Best Gift for Dad
We’re always searching for the best birthday gifts for dads or Father’s Day gift ideas that will blow our dads’ minds, but the reality is that there’s no best gift. It all comes down to what your dad loves. To find the best gift for Father’s Day, you have to know what your dad loves. Is he a tech guy? Is he a gamer? Does he love to fish? Maybe he enjoys a nice snifter of brandy at the end of a long day. Those are the kinds of questions you need to answer so you can find that perfect Father’s Day gift.
That being said, I do have some great ideas here for those of you who are still at a loss as to what to get your father or husband for his birthday or for Father’s Day.
Birthday Gifts for Dads Make Great Father’s Day Gifts Too!
Whether your dad is a fisherman, a tech guy, or a sports fanatic, there are some great ideas here for that perfect Father’s Day gift. And remember, these are all perfect birthday gifts, as well!
Gift Ideas For the Tech Dad
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus – For dads who love smartphones, the Galaxy Note 10 Plus is a winner. It offers huge memory and ram, a powerful processor, and an easy to use note feature.
- Oculus Rift S PC-Powered VR Headset – Virtual reality has become a huge part of gaming, so any gamer dad will love this Oculus Rift S. It features an ergonomic design, two controllers, and available extras.
- WD Elements Portable 5TB External Hard Drive – Tech dads can keep all their data safe, secure, and with them wherever they go with this portable hard drive from WD.
- DJI Mavic 2 Pro – The ultimate gift for the tech-minded dad, the DJI Mavic 2 Pro is the cream of the crop. Take amazing photos and videos with the highest-rated drone on the market.
- Anker PowerWave Wireless Charger – This wireless charger looks sharp and accommodates both the latest iPhones and Android phones.
Gift Ideas for the Gardener
- Greenland Gardener Raised Bed Garden Kit – This garden kit makes it easy for dad to grow his veggies. Just assemble and get gardening.
- Jora JK 400 Compost Tumbler – Every good gardener knows that compost is key. This Jora is the Rolls Royce of compost tumblers. Any gardening dad will love it.
- Craftsman 5-Piece Garden & Landscape Tool Set – Complete with digging shovel, garden rake, border spade, and push broom, this set is a great addition to dad’s gardening arsenal.
- Ironclad Work Gloves – Dad will enjoy these gloves while he gardens. They offer a great grip, nice flexibility, and excellent durability. All things he’ll love.
- COGURD Professional Gel Knee Pads – These durable knee pads are great for gardening, garage work, and more. High-density foam padding and gel cushioning help protect dad’s knees while he does all his dad stuff.
Gift Ideas for the Sports Dad
- Football Helmet Toilet Paper Holder – This TP holder combines two things lots of dads love: football and bathroom time. This rustic TP holder looks like an old-school football helmet!
- Baseball Beer Tap Handle – For the dad who loves baseball, this beer tap handle is a great gift idea. It looks just like an old, well-worn baseball.
- GoSports Premium Cornhole Set – This Cornhole set is made of 100% solid wood and comes with 8 bags, satchel for the bags, and transport bag for the boards.
- Z Grills Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker – What’s game day without the grill? The Z Grills wood pellet grill and smoker combo looks sharp in bronze and black and his pinpoint grilling accuracy.
- Christopher Knight Power Recliner – The ultimate in comfort for the game, this recliner features microfiber upholstery, cup holders, arm storage, and USB cable.
Gift Ideas for the Entertainment Lover
- Audio-Technica Turntable – This fully automatic turntable features an anti-resonance die-cast aluminum platter, belt drive, and two speeds.
- Edifier Bookshelf Speakers – These speakers have a classic wood finish, studio sound quality, a remote, and more. They’re great for any music-loving dad.
- Yamaha Ultra HD 5.1 Channel Home Theater System – Complete with WiFi, Bluetooth, and Muscicast, this home theater system is perfect for movie and music lovers, alike.
- Samsung 4K UHD QLED 85″ TV – The ultimate in visual entertainment for TV, movies, and gaming, this behemoth is enormous and features super high-quality picture.
- Goplus Massage Gaming Chair – For dads who love gaming, movies, sports, or all of the above, the Goplus gaming chair reclines, has massaging action, cupholders, adjustable back and footrests, and more.
Birthday Gifts for Dads from Their Wives
These birthday gifts for dads double as great Father’s Day gifts. They also get their own section. Dads deserve something a little extra special from their wives, just like dads should give their wives something extra special on Mother’s Day. Gifts like these say “You’re a great dad and a great husband. You’re doing an awesome job.”
- Bacon of Dads Father’s Day Card – Not all birthday gifts for dads or Father’s Day gifts have to be expensive. I can’t think of a guy who doesn’t love bacon, and being compared to bacon? Well, that really tells him he’s loved.
- Personalized Wristband – This leather bracelet features a golden brass or stainless steel plate which can be engraved with a romantic message or the kids’ names.
- Cocktail Smoker – Nothing says “I love you” like smoke. No, seriously. This Cocktail smoker includes wood chips and can be used to add smokey goodness to food, drinks, and more.
- Back, Neck, and Shoulder Massager with Heat – If your husband is like mine, he loves a good neck massage. This massager with heat lets him get a relaxing massage even when you’re not around to kneed his neck.
- The Care Crate Man Box Ultimate Mens’ Snack Box – The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, so fill up his belly and his heart with this snack box. It comes with more chips, nuts, and granola bars than you can shake a jerky stick at (also included).
What About the Dad Who Wants Nothing?
If you have a husband or father who never really seems to want anything, shopping can be difficult. Birthday gifts for dads or Father’s Day gifts can be tough to find when your giftee isn’t really interested in being gifted. Never fear, I’ve got you covered. You can never go wrong with family time OR gift cards.With gift cards, your husband or father can get exactly what he wants, and it’s hard for them to turn them down. Dads are very practical that way.
- Amazon Gift Card – With this gift card, dad can shop the vast array of Amazon items.
- App Store and iTunes Gift Card – Dads with iPhones can shop to their heart’s content with an App Store and iTunes Gift Card.
- Google Play Gift Card – We can’t leave the Android dads out!
- Lowe’s Gift Card – A Lowe’s gift card is perfect for the handy dad or husband in your life.
- GameStop Gift Card – For the gamer dad, a GameStop gift card is the secret cheat to a great Father’s Day or birthday.
Find That Perfect Gift for Your Dad
From gardening to gift cards and a ton of other cool stuff, there’s something for every day on this list of Father’s Day and birthday gifts for dads. Whether your dad is into sports, gaming, DIY, or something else, I feel like you’ll find something on this list. And remember, all of these are great for both Father’s Day and birthdays, in general, so it’s a great resource year-round.