Avengers: Infinity War Movie Review and Bonus Features Overview (Mom’s Thoughts)
I’m so excited that Avengers: Infinity War, the highest-grossing film of 2018, is going to be released on DVD and Blu-ray today, August 14, 2018 at most major retailers. It’s been available on Digital HD from Amazon Video and iTunes since July 31, 2018. Other accolades include being the fourth highest-grossing film of all time, the highest-grossing MCU film, and the highest-grossing superhero film. Read on for our Avengers: Infinity War Movie Review, bonus features overview, plus mom’s thoughts:
Myself, along with 24 other bloggers, were invited by Disney to attend the Infinity War Blu Ray and Christopher Robin Event to share our experiences with you. All expenses were paid and all opinions are our own. Don’t forget to check out our Exclusive Interview with Producer Trinh Tran of Avengers: Infinity War here.
Avengers: Infinity War Movie Review
If you haven’t seen it yet, then you are quite the anomaly. You won’t want to miss out on seeing and owning this most-talked about film. You’ll want to see it again and again because 1. It was that good, and 2. I’m sure, like myself, you’ve missed a few things, such as ‘easter eggs”, references, and more. Most of all, you’ll want to check out the Audio Commentary. Directors Anthony and Joe Russo, along with the writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, share interesting tidbits in the DVD that takes your understanding of the film to another level. Marvel knows how to produce a great movie. Avengers: Infinity War is no exception to that. From action-packed adventure to some downright funny moments, once the movie starts your eyes won’t want to leave the screen.
Avengers Infinity War Cast List:
Avengers: Infinity War Bonus Features on Blu-ray and 4K UHD Blu-ray:
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Strange Alchemy (5:08)– Share the thrill of characters from across the MCU meeting for the first time—and discover why some were teamed up together.
- The Mad Titan (6:34) – Explore the MCU’s biggest, baddest villain, his trail of influence through the stories, and the existential threat he represents.
- Beyond the Battle: Titan (9:36) – Dive into the climactic struggle on Thanos’ ruined world, including the epic stunts and VFX, to uncover the source of its power.
- Beyond the Battle: Wakanda (10:58) – Go behind the scenes to find out how the filmmakers pulled off the most massive and challenging battle Marvel had ever attempted.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes (10:07)
- Happy Knows Best (1:23) – Tony and Pepper spar over the details of their upcoming wedding—until a hassled Happy Hogan pulls up with an urgent request.
- Hunt for the Mind Stone (1:24) – On a darkened street, Wanda Maximoff and the wounded Vision attempt to hide from Thanos’ brutal allies.
- The Guardians Get Their Groove Back (3:20) – As Peter Quill and Drax quarrel over their failed mission to Knowhere, Mantis interrupts with news.
- A Father’s Choice (4:00) – Thanos confronts Gamora with a vision from her past—and with lying to him about the Soul Stone.
- Gag Reel (2:05)– Watch your favorite Super Heroes make super gaffes in this lighthearted collection of on-set antics.
- Audio Commentary (approx. 149 min.) by Anthony and Joe Russo, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
- A Directors’ Roundtable (approx. 32 min.) – Eight amazing directors reflect on how their movies contribute to the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s larger storytelling adventure.
Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Infinity War – Gag Reel:
Mom’s Final Thoughts – Is Avengers: Infinity War Kid-Friendly?
While the undertone of the movie may be a bit darker, there are plenty of humorous moments and teamwork elements as well. Who doesn’t love to see a team of superheroes come together to tackle and defeat evil villains? If you’ve seen a Marvel movie before, then you more than likely know what to expect. Violence is to be expected in any type of superhero movie. Much of the humor content seems to be quick and witty, and there are parts of the movie that are laugh out loud moments.
Seeing the rating PG-13 for Avengers: Infinity War is a guide that is given to inform parents that the suggested age to view this movie is age 13 and above. Ultimately, it’s up to you as the parent. Tweens and Teenage children will likely be fine, especially if they are used to watching the other Marvel movies or are comic book fans, but for young children, this action-packed adventure may be a bit much for them to watch. The good news mom and dad? There aren’t any sex scenes in the movie to have to worry about! (whew!) There are a few kissing scenes, but nothing over the top.
If you have the chance to preview the movie before showing it to your child, do so! That way, there are no surprises and you get some “alone” time to sit and enjoy a really great movie as well!
Avengers: Infinity War is now available on digital, Blu-Ray & DVD! Buy your copy today!
Follow on Social:
Looking for an awesome addition to that Marvel-themed birthday? These are sure to steal the show. What about a watch-party for a fun super-hero themed binge movie night?