Get ready to “kick it off” by hosting an epic football tailgate party and serving this super easy Atlanta Falcons Puppy Chow. This Red, White and Black themed puppy chow recipe is the perfect Tailgating Treat to cheer on your favorite team!
Football season is here and you know what that means? Millions of football fans around the world will be spending their days counting down towards the weekend football games. Hours upon hours will be spent watching, snacking and cheering their favorite college and professional football teams to victory. One of the best parts about football season? All the delicious and amazing football snacks. Seriously, if you aren’t eating the entire time while you’re watching a football game, you’re tailgating entirely wrong.
How to Host an Epic Football Tailgating Party
Before I share with you how to make this Atlanta Falcons chow mix, let me share with you some tips on how you can host an epic football tailgating party. Tailgating parties can happen anywhere! All you need is just a little bit of planning to make it happen.
Set Up Your House
When it comes to football, go big or go home. Pull out all the stops to get your house tailgate ready. Add chairs, tables, fun football decor…anything that you want to make it more festive, do it! Create a flow to your house that allows for the focus to be on the main event, the football game.
Make sure snacks and games are in a separate room so they don’t disturb the guests watching the game.
Purchase Paper Plates and Cups
Let’s be realistic here…if you don’t want to spend the next several hours or days cleaning up the tailgate party aftermath, opt for paper plates and cups instead. Anything that you can purchase that is easy to handle and clean up should be on your radar!
Don’t forget the trash cans!
Set trash cans around your house so that all your football friends can help out a bit by taking care of their own messes. The more they clean up, the less you’ll have to do later!
Make Your Own Football Decorations
Feeling a bit crafty? Channel your inner creativity and make your own homemade football decoration! When you get a big group of family and friends together, it’s normal to have a little rivalry going on. Keep your party from getting crazy by decorating for both teams. Print footballs with each team’s name and strung from the corners make great game day decorations for everyone.
Have Options for People Who Don’t Care to Watch the Football Game
Some people aren’t as into watching the big game as much as others. In fact, many just like the parties for the food (totally understandable, right?!) Have things for them to do as well such as board games, cards, and maybe even some plastic cups for a good old game of beer pong.
A Perfect Red, White, and Black Football Themed Party Snack
Enjoying any football game isn’t quite the same if you don’t have party food. Some great game food includes wings, chips, dip, meatballs, and any other finger food trays. But…every good party needs a sweet treat as well! This Atlanta Falcons Game Day Snack Mix is an awesome addition to any tailgating party!
Ingredients for this Inspired Atlanta Falcons Snack Mix
- 9 cups rice cereal
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup red chocolate melts
- 1 cup black chocolate melts
- Footballs: Brach’s Football Candy Corn
- Red and White covered M&M’s
How to make game day puppy chow mix:
1. Separate 3 cups of rice cereal in 3 medium size bowls.
2. Melt white chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in a small microwave-safe dish. After about 1 minute, stir until smooth.
3. Fold into 1 bowl of rice cereal until coated evenly.
4. Pour peanut butter rice cereal mixture into a gallon size zippy bag.
5. Toss powdered sugar into a zippy bag and shake until evenly coated.
6. Pour mixture on a baking sheet to cool while you work on the other colors.
7. Melt red chocolate melts while stirring every 15 seconds until smooth.
8. Fold into the 2nd bowl of rice cereal until coated evenly.
9. Pour mixture in single layer on a baking sheet to cool for 15 minutes.
10. Repeat steps 7-9 with the black chocolate melts and remaining rice cereal.
Once cooled, break apart and layer colors into a large bowl or store in a resealable container.
You may also like:
Inspired Atlanta Falcons Puppy Chow Mix
- 9 cups Rice Cereal
- 1/2 cups White Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/3 cup Powered Sugar
- 1 cup Red Chocolate Melts
- 1 cup Black Chocolate Melts
- Optional: Red White, or Black Coated Candies
- Separate 3 cups of rice cereal in 3 medium size bowls.
- Melt white chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in a small microwave-safe dish. After about 1 minute, stir until smooth.
- Fold into 1 bowl of rice cereal until coated evenly.
- Pour peanut butter rice cereal mixture into a gallon size zippy bag.
- Toss powdered sugar into a zippy bag and shake until evenly coated.
- Pour mixture on a baking sheet to cool while you work on the other colors.
- Melt red chocolate melts while stirring every 15 seconds until smooth.
- Fold into the 2nd bowl of rice cereal until coated evenly.
- Pour mixture in single layer on a baking sheet to cool for 15 minutes.
- Repeat steps 7-9 with the black chocolate melts and remaining rice cereal.
- Once cooled, break apart and layer colors into a large bowl or store in a resealable container.
How are you preparing for the Big Game party? Share your love in the comments below!