Are You Curious about KURIOS?
Wonders and imagination await you in the hidden invisible world of KURIOS, where crazy ideas & dreams are discovered. The characters turn the world upside down to bring curiosity and imagine to your very eyes.
I was given two complimentary tickets to the KURIOS™ Cabinets of Curiosity by Cirque Du Soleil. I decided to take our youngest daughter Abi to the show and spend some mommy-daughter time with her Sunday evening.
It is very important for me as a mom and teacher to expose all of my children & grandchildren to various shows, arts, museums, theatrical performances and more!
Not only does this encourage imagination but it also provides quality time with your children with memories that will last for a long time. Seeing education of the arts with your very own eyes brings new & exciting experiences for children.
KURIOS™ happens to be my absolute favorite performance and that comes with no exaggeration.
From the costumes, the fascinating props, talent, imagination, the characters, humor, music, & poetry — I found myself always on the edge of my seat and excited for the next scenes! I loved watching my daughter’s eyes get so big and her mouth stay open in awe and excitement all throughout the show.
I would find myself clapping with excitement almost all the time! I cannot recommend enough, you must see this show! You will truly be in awe too & blown away. The show is a very family-friendly show. I promise you, your children will love it.
TIP: If your child is short/young ask for a booster seat in advance as they do run out!
With that being said, learning of the performers & their lives on the road is uniquely interesting and exciting as well. Discovering that the show cost upwards of 37 Million dollars was also truly inspiring!
10 Curious Facts about KURIOS
- To make the Accordion Man’s attire, the costume-maker spent an entire week sewing inside the costume.
- Antanina Satsura, the artist who plays Mini Lili, is 3.2 feet tall and weighs 39 pounds. She is one of the 10 smallest
people in the world.
- The mechanical hand weighs 750 pounds and measures 15 feet by 6.8 feet.
- More than a hundred costumes were created to dress the cast of KURIOS.
- There are 426 props in the show, the most of any production in Cirque du Soleil’s history.
- Some 65 trucks transport close to 2,000 tons of equipment for KURIOS™ – Cabinet of Curiosities.
- The 116 tour members come from 22 different countries. Some have been touring with Cirque du Soleil for more than 20 years
- This is the first time that Cirque du Soleil presents a welcoming act on top of the big top before the show starts. When weather permits, 3 artists climb up the big top and greet the guests from above while playing music and acting. Guests get a taste of the KURIOS experience as soon as they enter the site.
- It took the team of props makers approximately 250 hours to build Mr. Microcosmos’ round belly.
- All performers are responsible for applying their own make-up every show, which can take them between 40 minutes to two hours.
We thoroughly enjoyed the show and I cannot wait for KURIOS™ Cabinets of Curiosity to come back to Atlanta hopefully next year!
Visit their WEBSITE or call 1-877-9 CIRQUE (1-877-924-7783) for tickets
To become a Cirque Club member, go to their WEBSITE. Membership is free.
Leave a Reply