10 Memorial Day Treats and Drink Recipe Ideas
I cannot believe it but Memorial Day is just around the corner which means we are almost half way through the year already! Usually around this same time neighborhood pools are beginning to open up and school lets out for the Summer. Memorial Day typically falls around the 25th or so in May. For many of us, that also means a day off from our jobs. Memorial Day is a reminder to us of those who served and died in our country. Many families and friends come together to celebrate and honor this special day. It is a tradition in my family to have a picnic, cook out, and hang out at the pool! Pair this special day with some healthy and delicious red, white, and blue themed recipes that I know you and your family will love! Be prepared to stock up on some strawberries, blueberries, and bananas as that seems to be a common fruit in some of these recipes!
Don’t forget to leave a comment below what your favorite Memorial Day tradition or recipe is!
Here are my Top 10 Roundups for Memorial Day Healthy Treat and Drink Recipes – Enjoy!
1. My number one favorite recipe would have to be the Blueberry, Strawberry, Jicama Salsa by Maria from TwoPeasAndTheirPod. Pare this salsa with your favorite gluten free chips or main meal and you will have an amazing salsa that your friends and family will leave bragging about!
2. Got MILK? 🙂 The kids I’m sure will love these yummy Red, White, and Blue Milk Pops by Deborah from Taste and Tell Blog
3. Pair your main dish up with this very pretty Red White and Blue Salad by Roni from Green Lite Bites
4. No one can say no to this adorable and festive red, white, and blue sangria recipe brought to you by Lori from the Recipe Girl Blog *Please drink responsibly.
5. If you are Vegan, you will absolutely love this amazing, easy to make 5 minute Vegan Banana, Strawberry and Blueberry Icecream by Jerry from Cooking Stone
6. How about this “Less than 400 Calories” to die for Watermelon, Blueberry, Coconut Margarita – It looks like cotton candy ice cream! This will be a HUGE hit at your gathering. You can even make it a “Virgin” for those kiddos. Thank you Sarah from Fresh Fit N Healthy for sharing this delicious drink. *Please drink responsibly.
7. For a very cute and easy to make Dessert , with strawberries, blueberries, marshmallows and cherries, try these easy Fruit Kabobs by Heidi from The Frugal Girls
8. Looking for a nice breakfast festive treat that the kids will surely love ? Top their toast or waffles off with some fresh strawberries, blueberries, and bananas . Ideas from Be Different Act Normal blog.
9. Replace your regular and unhealthy potato chips with this festive healthy popcorn snack instead! For this recipe I would buy Gluten Free non GMO popcorn (such as this brand) and (this sweet key ingredient) that makes it so yummy . Add some festive sprinkles and voila! You have a really delicious, festive, healthier snack alternative. Recipe and photo by Diana from Eating Richly.
10. Oh my goodness – getting my kids to eat yogurt is such a challenge, but not no more! Thanks to List from Wine and Glue I think you will agree with me these Strawberry Blueberry Yogurt pops are not only easy to make but so tasty. Not to mention goes great with the holiday theme of red, white, and blue.
Leave a Reply